Pinnacle Rawhide

Hey All: Check out the Mack website. They show the new Pinnacle Rawhide. Looks like they got this grill right. Stright across on top. A little wider on the bottom. Kind of like the R & F model westerns and the cruiseliner. All they need now is to follow up with some big power.

It is pretty sharp!

post-2-1206722544_thumb.jpg

post-2-1206722697_thumb.jpg

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

:mack1: hello guys the new pinnacle rawhide looks great we yesterday had the press unvielling here in louisville off the titan and the mp 10 engine and the pinnacle rawhide also the current ceo says goodbey and introduced the new ceo for macktrucks.the order intake for the titan was already going great and a lot off good reactions from the public.also i saw 1 dealer whit an advertisment on truckpaper for the new 2009 titan check it out :loldude::loldude::loldude: (barry) greetings from the midamerican truckingshow here in louisville kentucky gr rene

I am still confused as to why they now have a little Mack logo in the corner of the grille instead of the big logo in the middle. Reminds me of the little White GMC badge in the corner of the grille on Volvo/White trucks. I still think they are making room for the Volvo slash on there.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 1 month later...

:angry: OVER MY DEAD BODY THEY WILL. I'm in the process of ordering an 09 pinnacle axle forward with 70 inch millineum high rise sleeper and I told the salesman that if it didn't have :mack1: across the grill loud and proud the deal is off. I'm going 100% MACK driveline with a 13 od Mack tranny and s-40 drivers on Mack airride. :D EAT YOUR HEART OUT vulgarvo..Cann't do anything about the motor so I'm getting the 485 Maxicruise. Also Im working on getting the Full Rawhide package in the bigger sleeper. Wish me luck.

I am still confused as to why they now have a little Mack logo in the corner of the grille instead of the big logo in the middle. Reminds me of the little White GMC badge in the corner of the grille on Volvo/White trucks. I still think they are making room for the Volvo slash on there.
Edited by mackdaddy1911a1

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Let us know if the big MACK logo across the grille is an option or something. I do recall you could get the grille with no logo if you wanted.

:angry: OVER MY DEAD BODY THEY WILL. I'm in the process of ordering an 09 pinnacle axle forward with 70 inch millineum high rise sleeper and I told the salesman that if it didn't have :mack1: across the grill loud and proud the deal is off. I'm going 100% MACK driveline with a 13 od Mack tranny and s-40 drivers on Mack airride. :D EAT YOUR HEART OUT vulgarvo..Cann't do anything about the motor so I'm getting the 485 Maxicruise. Also Im working on getting the Full Rawhide package in the bigger sleeper. Wish me luck.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

B) 10-4 I have a meeting monday with my local dealer and will ask about options for the grill as well as having the complete RAWHIDE package for the 70" highrise sleeper including the stacks. including the button tuck interior. :thumb::SMOKIE-RT:
Let us know if the big MACK logo across the grille is an option or something. I do recall you could get the grille with no logo if you wanted.

MACK TRUCKS

• 3 weeks later...
So how did it go mackdaddy?

Is the truck on order?

Not yet guys, I'm having a wrestling contest with the :mack1: truck engineers I want the Rawhide package but i need it on a 70" highrise sleeper and the dealer I'm ordering it thru

hasn't sold to many :mack1: road tractors. So it's taking awhile. however I don't have all of my ducks in a row yet either so the delay is good ...for now. I'll try to keep everyone up to date as we progress. :)

MACK TRUCKS

As a longtime dealership mechanic, I would like to offer my congratulations to Mackdaddy on his quest for a new

Mack Pinnacle Rawhide. They are indeed a nice looking truck. I hope that they get all the 'bugs' worked out of the

MP8 engine before yours is built. They have already made some changes to address the problems with the copper

injector cups, and it is my understanding that they are currently working hard to address the problems with the

rocker roller/camshaft failures that have been an issue on the MP8's. They got the 'bugs' worked out of the MP7's

rather quickly and they seem to be holding up well. Hope they can do the same for the MP8's. Although I could be

wrong, I have been before, I don't believe that the Pinnacle is available with the new MP10. If it was, it would be

great truck with available 600 H.P. Huh. As mechanics, we don't get much info on the new , up and coming offerings

by Mack, just the known issues. We are like mushrooms, they try to keep us in the dark, and feed us s**t....

Good luck on your new truck, I hope it serves you well......

By the way, I don't know how you guys can make a living with the price of fuel over $4.50 a gallon. You certainly

have my respect in your business knowledge to be able to keep delivering the things we all need at such a high

cost to you in getting it to us. Keep up the great work....

Edited by jerrymac

If the volvo and mack engines are pretty much the same mechanicaly would't the volvo d13 engines have roller rocker arm issues also like the mp8's.

My guess is that they would under the same conditions, however I can't honestly say from my own experience.

Since Volvo's have never been popular in this area, we don't even keep any in stock on our lot. We have been

a Mack dealer for decades and Volvo for about 6 years now, and we have only sold 5 Volvos during those 6 years

and they were older ones with D12's. It seems that the problem with the rollers/camshaft is mainly occuring on

trucks that have been sitting for some time and the rollers are seizing to the pin/bushing. When the truck is started

it rather quickly damages the roller and cam lobe. It has happened to several of the new trucks we sold off of the lot with MP8's, however I can't say how long they may have been sitting on the lot as I don't really pay too much attention

to that.

If the volvo and mack engines are pretty much the same mechanicaly would't the volvo d13 engines have roller rocker arm issues also like the mp8's.

Last week we did a injector cup job on an MP8 and the driver said they also had some new volvo's with the "same as MP8" engines and they were also having the problems as the Macks "as far as injector cups go". We have been lucky here as our MP-8 have mostly just had injector cup failures. But I just pulled in an MP8 and it had a bad miss and a code for #3 injector, when I removed the valve cover, the exhaust roller had locked up and gouged the cam. So it's cam time. By the way, the rocker arms have "VOLVO" casted into them, so they do use the same parts. Another funny thing, we had an MP7 turbo lock up today, we had one in stock and it came in a Cummins box, Holset make the MP turbo but is owned but Cummins. Customer saw this and thought we were putting Cummins parts on his Mack, we told him it would go faster and he was happy.

post-1740-1213649027_thumb.jpg

That cam wear looks like a surface hardness issue ( metal to metal surfaces require a lubrication film however usualy one surface will be slightly softer than the other so that one surface microscopicaly sacrifices wear metal) or possibly a galvanic corrosion issue where there is chemical interaction between the two surfaces because of the different metals in the steel makeup. Galvanic corrosion is very common where there are different metals in contact. Also it could be that the roller doesn't roll during startup but jams instead. Jamming could be caused by either too little or too much clearance. Too much clearance could cause it to slam to one side and freeze there. Too little clearance could cause a lack of start up lubrication. Improper clearanc/tolerance issues can lead to lack of lubrication. Lube oil metal analysis is in order (ferography) this can indicate the type of wear metal shear/galling/spalling/grinding/cutting etc. Just my little rant. They will probably have to have a Mack engineer figure out the problem for the volvo bumblers.

Edited by james j neiweem