Was In A Accident

bulldog man

Thursday night 3/20/08 bout 7:30pm central time my 01'F150 XL was totaled it was my 1st new p/u had it good yrs just be taken out by an 18yr old in a C350 Mercedes Benz (which was his h.s. gradution present from last may of 07' :blink: ) wish i got a new car when i grraduated high school i was in a 85' Chevy 1ton regular cab flatbed @ his age

i was headed south on hwy 51 here in Millington less than a 1/2 a mile from the house in hammewr lane bout 40 to 45 mph going to p/u my aunt from work (right in front of my insureance company by the way ) he was going north got in turning lane to pull in little ceasers pizza (next to my insurance co ) & stoped for a sec then gunned it across i couldnt stop in time tried to get get in granny lane to get out & around him but couldnt due to little car beside me (& by the grace of the man upstairs somehow advoided the wreck) i hit him bout 40 to 45 mph & he was taken to hospital complaining of neck injurys & very next day was back @ work again

as for me i sprained my back & having migrain headaches & eating pain killers like candy going to therpy & the drs office also & have no personal ride as my p/u was my only way around hoping for a rental 1 day this week as thier insureance will pay for it

im living im grateful for that not sure weather to drive or not as i forgot to ask dr today maybe i shoulnt as it even hurts to ride in my friends car & truck i can only imageine what it would feel like in the tire & dump truck i drive for my buddys & what it would feel like if i was running the 315b Cat trackhoe & TD15 Dresser dozer i operate for my buddys also

all of them are telling me to take it easy but i got bills to pay folks work just starting to pick up & im injured wondering bout my bills

ive rambled enough

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Sorry to hear about your accident :mack1: ,and your truck getting totaled,but thank God you weren't seriously hurt. You'll probably be sore for a while though. I could go on and on about the crazy drivers I see every day and the stupid chances they take,especially the young ones-don't they learn anything in drivers-ed anymore? And all for a pizza?!!...but i'm not gonna say anything because I don't want to sound like an old fogey. On second thought-I am an old fogey,people drive like complete idiots everywhere I go. Like a car waiting to pull out,let 200 cars go by and pull out in front of the truck,even if there's nobody behind you you for a mile,they'll pull out in front of the truck,every time.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

ya preach on brother preach on :clap:

kinda makes me wish i was in the DM i drive for a buddy of mine @ least id had a liitle more metal round me & maybe back wouldnt hurt near as bad :unsure:

currently taking therpy for my back got a rental vehicle Saturday feels good to drive again weather im still sore or not ;)

later yall

Thier insurance (USSA) offered $7,074.32 for my truck Friday i told me get back w/ me when i finsh my therpy for EVERY THING Then ill talk to them .......... just cause im a po southern country boy dont mean im a dumb azz :rolleyes:

more therpy monday afternoon still hurtin

later

That sounds like a good plan. Wait till you are thinking clearly not thinking about pain. These ins companies will come up with more if pressured. They also sometimes play games with settlement checks. My daughter was hit from behind and shoved into the car in front of her back in January. Her car was totaled but she had no injury. After nearly a month the ins compay responded to our calls and emails. They gave us a value for the car and a value for rental car. Thier numbers sounded good. The check comes and it is only the car value. Another week of phone calls and they said someone forgot the other check. That check comes and it is for smaller amount. This time over a week of calls to adjuster and his supervisor. They had no explanation but said check would be on it's way. Here it is another week and still no check. I'm just not sure what they are thinking. Not to mention they are paying someones salary to do this over and over again. No wonder we pay so much for ins.

Sorry bout' the rant but just don't take any s**t from these companies. Keep up with your therapy and heal your body it's the only one you got.

Best wishes on a sound recovery

Chuck

Glad to hear you're recovering!

Was the other driver issued a citation?

Like the others said, the most important thing is that you get all back to normal, you can always get another pickup truck, but you can't get another you!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Thanks Herb & Chuck thats exactly what im focusing on is healing up & taking my therpy youre right brother Herb im gratefull to the good man upstairs to give me another day everyday when i get up outta bed ;)

Yes Herb the 18yr old kid that was driving the Mercedes was givin a ticket for failure to yeild

Chuck hope everything works out for your daughter like ya told me brother dont take no :icon_bs: from em brother give em hell

im gonna give em hell & just like my nicke name (bulldog) im gonna hang on like a bulldog on a bull ;) & gonna get as much as i can hell they left me walkin & bumming rides from friends & family for a week & a half :angry: sounds like pain & suffering to me plus loss wages :whistling:

As far my buddys ole DM690S It waiting for me like a faithful ole :clock_logo: ready to go & cant wait to hear that ole 300 W/ 4" STRIGHT PIPE talk again w/ butt in the drivers seat

Its really a damn shame we pay insurance on theses trucks year round even in the dead winter time you would think they would have skip payments on insurance for trucking business & contractors for example like when ya make a equipment, truck or car payment BUT THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH LIKE RIGHT :rolleyes: & THEN WHEN SOMEONE ELSE SLAMS INTO YA THEY TAKE THIER DAMN SWEET TIME PAYINGF YOU & REPLACING YOUR PROPERTY BUT THEY WANT THIER MONEY ON OR BY THE DUE DATE OR ELSE THEY WILL CANCEL YA LIKE A STAMP

Insurance is a racet started by the mob back during probition they would offer "insurance " aka protection to someone for a price sometimes i think John goti & Pepole like Al copone are still running the insurance companies IT IS A LEGAL WAY TO ROB YA IN MY OPION & HAS BECOME NESSACARY IN TODAYS TIMES & THEY KNOW IT BUT THEY DONT HAVE ROB & CHEAT EVERYBODY WHICH IS BS <_<:angry:

Ive ranted enough & thanks yall will keep yall informed on what happns next

(Aka Bulldog)

Thanks Andy When i was in therpy 2 day my buddy The therpist (who is the dr & owns the pt where im going to for PT ) told me to go to 1 of our other buddys who is a attorney here in Millington (& also the judge of Millington who is old friend of my dads also ) & go talk to him think im gonna do that im tired of aurgeeing w/ the insurance company

therpy sure is helping me i anit scared to take PT as i took quite a bit of it when i was i kid in the 80's @ Shrinners hospital for the Ceveral Palsy in my left side of my body & it may slow me down but it sure anit stopped me as im USUALLY working everyday ;)

later yall

bulldog man I hope you are getting better and back to the way you were before accident. I bet if you were in my stout little Huskie you would not have felt anything. You said in earlier post you like Brockways my new purchase 1968 Brockway 361 can be seen at Brockway Trucks Forum as Joe D'S 361 if you care to see it. Good Luck in the future. Joe D.

YA other we got hammered AGAIN LOT of FLOODING IN THE BOTTOMS WEST OF TOWN close to river Got a buddy lost 600 acres of wheat in bottom land in the next county up from me due to the "OLDMAN" BEING OUT OF Its banks he got crop insurance so maybe that will help him some & they wont jack him around like another insurance co doing me (plan on paying a little more for wheat bread this year if this keeps up :unsure: ) but im still here in town ;)

Joe ya i was raised on Brockway's Mack's , Autocar & White's (ALL PRE V^L^O) & Of course Chevy Bruin & Bison's & Gmc Brigadiers & 5 Star General's & ole Ford Louisville series (L-8000 & L-9000)

Thanks for posting am slowly getting better w/ time i will be back to my ole self again & Will take a look joe

got a attorney this past Thursday out of Memphis was tired of the insurance compay trying to screw me w/o any KY Jelly :angry: @ least give me a liitle KY Jelly before ya try to screw me :rolleyes: Attorney seems to think they can get my truck Toatly paid for & help me get another along w/ my pain & suffering & my medical bills

still got bout another 3 weeks to a months worth of therpy to go through 3 times a week (Monday , Wensday & Friday) but im slowy getting better still hurting & my buddy who went through a bad accident a few years ago w/ similar injurys said i would feel it for a while .

later yall

Thanks for posting am slowly getting better w/ time i will be back to my ole self again & Will take a look joe

got a attorney this past Thursday out of Memphis was tired of the insurance compay trying to screw me w/o any KY Jelly :angry: @ least give me a liitle KY Jelly before ya try to screw me :rolleyes: Attorney seems to think they can get my truck Toatly paid for & help me get another along w/ my pain & suffering & my medical bills

still got bout another 3 weeks to a months worth of therpy to go through 3 times a week (Monday , Wensday & Friday) but im slowy getting better still hurting & my buddy who went through a bad accident a few years ago w/ similar injurys said i would feel it for a while .

later yall

Figure the cost of your vehicle damage, + medical, + lost income, + other costs as they may be, multiply it all by at least 3, and not more than 5, and they'll be paying somewhere in that range. They have no defense; litigation would move the range up to 5 - 7 X actuals. Be conservative - injuries like yours can last a long time and take awhile to get right. BTDT. :angry:

Old truck drivers never die. We just smell that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Figure the cost of your vehicle damage, + medical, + lost income, + other costs as they may be, multiply it all by at least 3, and not more than 5, and they'll be paying somewhere in that range. They have no defense; litigation would move the range up to 5 - 7 X actuals. Be conservative - injuries like yours can last a long time and take awhile to get right. BTDT. :angry:

ya boss is talking bout taking me out of trackhoe & off of the dozer & putting me strictly in the DM Triaxle i told him well i understand ya concerned bout the back but that ole dm anit gonna help it any better than the dozer or trackhoe would so when i come back to work ill still run the equipment to if i have to what ever it takes to make a buck ya know .

as for my other buddy that i work for that has the recap shop he told me he would put a man on the truck w/ me to load & unload & all i would have to do is drive

both bosses are looking out for me but still telling me to be carefull of what i do & the drs & therpist are telling me the same as my back my not me right ever again

just going out of skull from boredom the only time i get to go anywhere is when i go to therpy ...yea :rolleyes:

dr is still yet to release me oh well the longer it goes the more its goona cost them or @ least thats what the atty says

talk to yall later & have a safeone yall

• 3 weeks later...

Update yall Went to the Dr. yesterday told me i was about 60% but wanted me @ 95% no less than 90% im still tender around the neck & left upper back so i got 3 more weeks of therpy to go unless ordered more

later yall

Thanks D.L.G. & YOUR Probly right the lil twit probly was riding the next week mean while I WAS DEPENDING ON MY FRIENDS & FAMILY TO GET ME AROUND

Fianally got another ride OF MY OWN last week Feels werid driving a 94' model 2500 GMC after driving Ford for my own personal & Work preference After 10 yrs of Owning Blue ovals .

bought the truck off a friend of the Family who sold us truck tires through the years The truck has 350,000 miles but is pretty good shape needs A frame bushings in the top A Frame but thats a easy fix & needs some tint on the windows ( im used to em after tinting my windows ) the windows are to clear ;):lol::D

But thank the Lord I anit Walking Anymore

later yall

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Well yall im RELEASED From the thery as of Monday 06/02/08 & my Dr. Thursday 06/05/08 Attorneys say they will get w/ the insurance company after they come up w/ a figure & settle winthin 6 to 8 weeks or little less time they say

As for now : i cant wait to get back in the seat hopefully next week i will be back in the saddle again ;) tired of sitting @ the house ;)

later yall & have a safeone B)

Update: Well yall im RELEASED From the thery as of Monday 06/02/08 & my Dr. Thursday 06/05/08 Attorneys say they will get w/ the insurance company after they come up w/ a figure & settle winthin 6 to 8 weeks or little less time they say

As for now : i cant wait to get back in the seat hopefully next week i will be back in the saddle again ;) tired of sitting @ the house ;)

later yall & have a safeone B)

or maybe you'll get a couple gazillion and retire...just be a special consultant on BMT for a hobby...everybody needs a hobby they say. :lol:

Anyway,good luck-I hope you come out OK :thumb: . It's a shame to be put out of commission through no fault of your own,when you're just driving along minding your own binness. :angry:

or maybe you'll get a couple gazillion and retire...just be a special consultant on BMT for a hobby...everybody needs a hobby they say. :lol:

Anyway,good luck-I hope you come out OK :thumb: . It's a shame to be put out of commission through no fault of your own,when you're just driving along minding your own binness. :angry:

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

You could tell your lawyer you would settle for a Billion dollars, and the guys' balls who caused you this grief, in a formadahyde solution, contained within a quart Mason jar, serving as a dash ornament for your properly restored Mack DM! This truck, (of course) would have two sticks!!

Just my thoughts on fair restitution.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Other : thats not a bad idea a pot full of money & special consultant to BMT HEY Barry ...LOL Looks like im gonna come out ok ya it was ashame that i was going down the main drag in town (hwy 51) minding my own business & had a 18yr old kid pull out in front of me & total out my favorite pick up (my 2001 F150 LWB) But hopfully ill have the pick up ive just bought of my boss (94 GMC 2500 LWB) & ANOTHER FORD in the drive too (maybe ill get me a 250 or 350 powerstroke to work out of this time pulling Casing back to the Cap shop & ya i know diesel is almost $5.00 a gallon or over $5.00 in certain parts of the country already) but thank the Lord for Fuel surcharge

I work for two different fellas who both are buddies of mine & when 1 doesnt have much to do the other does & we all know 1 another if both have somthing for me to do thats when i put my cousin on the casing run down through from Memphis to the MS Delta

or @ least a lil Ford ranger to drive ;)

Rob Apot full of money & Guys nuts in a mason jar i like the idea :)

the B Model's mine & the 85' DM686 Belong's to 1 of my buddies i work for (who worked fer my pop/granddad for round 30 years ) it has a 300 & 2 stick 6spd (4' straight pipe) 18k f/a & 44k r/a double framed 16' bed & is tri axle & carrys 24 tons legal in Tn the only 1 besides me that drives it is the boss know one else it has been waiting fer me & cant wait to get my butt back behind the wheel of it ;) but ya i like the idea of having the guy's balls in a Mason jar of Fermadahyde on the dash of the DM & The boss & others i work with would get a kick out of it too :loldude:

A 33 YR OLD Gazzionare i like the thought B):loldude:

yall have a safe one B)

I have a 2002 Ranger,good little truck. I used to complain because it doesn't have enough power to get out of it's own way,it'a 4 cyl. with a 5 speed-but it gets about 29 mpg,so i'm not complaining anymore.