E 9 exaust

b61mack

Yeah well itll cost you $2200 from Mack for all the stock pieces, Dales stuff is nice but HIGH. Im going to try to make some tubular manifolds for E9's as soon as I can get a jig made up, havent wanted to do it on my truck cause I like driving it.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

He was welding up the slip joints and then turning them back down for a tighter fit to help stop the leaks, openming them up a little then coating them inside and out. Im still going to go for tubular for mine, I would like to do it on an engine stand in the garage but if I cant Ill shut down my truck and do it on the truck one of these days.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Antrim has a set of Francise headers for sale. They only fit the MH from what I hear. I think they came off that red MH that pulled in the east coast circuit.

Still wonder if u can put them on there to run on the road or if it's to much hassle.

To run the Francis headers on the road you really need to put a smaller crossover tube on it to get your exhaust velocity up. I think there are a couple guys on here that have done so and it helps a lot from what I hear, you can just do the math and going from a 2" to a 3" I.D. you lose so much velocity your low end performance would suck compared to the factory exhaust but the headers do better above 1500rpm, really all depoends on how you want it to run i guess. Im gonna try to use some 2 and 2.25" I.D. tube for the sides and a 2.25 or 2.5 for the crossover when i get to doing mine. I did some math and the volumetrics go up a lot from the std. 2" id to a 2.5", I dont think you would need more unless you were over 2500rpm or over 1000hp, im under that(a little),lol.