Question about an aluminum frame

be sure to check all mounting areas if you see what looks like an outboard motor that's been in salt water STAY AWAY if all is clean and no alum. bloom or black streaking showing loose fastners you can be ok I've seen many used for log or dump truck work if your work involves corrosive chems. salt, fert., or such I,d say no on alum.

my 86 had an aluminum frame,but was rerailed(not cheap). I'd stick with steel for a work truck. Even if you can't see any problems yet,it could be hiding a lot,like under the 5th wheel plate and spring hangers,something you wouldn't see unless you pulled them off. if it was 5o 10 years old maybe,but it's bumping 30.

Aluminum frames look good on paper. Like many have said,the corrosion between steel (bolts,brackets,etc.) & aluminum is nasty to work around. A simple spring hanger change can be nightmare! If it were a toy/show truck, that's one thing. A worker,steel gets my vote. My 2 cents. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA