mp-8 fuel problem

cxn613

Code mid 128 sid 5 fmi 5. What should I check?

First I would check if the engine ecu has oil in the connectors, oil in the connectors can cause false readings/faults. With the valve cover off inspect the wiring insulation, if it is brittle and comes apart then you will need an engine harness. If all looks ok then I would replace the terminals as per the Injector Harness PDF above.

• 2 months later...

Oil intrusion and brittle wiring are issues. The engine has positive crankcase pressure which causes the problem. They have an updated oil level/temp sensor and pigtail and oil pressure sensor pigtails that help with the issue as those are both common. Also the oil will push through the injector wiring to the eecu. Have seen some injectors have intermittent issues. Also have seen new harnesses and old harnesses routed incorrectly over the enging brake solenoid and chaffe on the valve cover and also seen them routed incorrectly where they go into the head and rub on tye gear train.