high beam headlight issues

I recently purchased a 1995 ch613 and I am having an issue with the head lights low beam works fine but the high beams will not come on even with the flash switch. The high beam indicator comes on on the dash but the lights themselves will not work have check the fuses and bulbs any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Who needs high beams? Only time mine are ever on is when I'm trying to tell the knucklehead coming at me to dim his. If you can't see at night, don't drive at night. Enough ranting for now, though. Make sure the wires are all intact. I had a marker light out...changed the bulb and it still didn't work. Turned out the wire was corroded and broken INSIDE the insulation, so it LOOKED good, despite not carrying power to the bulb. I didn't figure that out 'til I'd run another power wire up from a known good circuit and spliced into the wire not quite on the bulb side of the bad spot in the wire...at least then I knew the problem was in the last 6-8" before the bulb. Anyway, that's why I HATE electrical problems...can be anything, and you can't always see it.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I recently purchased a 1995 ch613 and I am having an issue with the head lights low beam works fine but the high beams will not come on even with the flash switch. The high beam indicator comes on on the dash but the lights themselves will not work have check the fuses and bulbs any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

wildman, you wouldn't happen to know staleysteel would you? Same truck, same electrical problems, new members. Robots?

Strange coincidence that both high beams are out? Had this happen to a friend. Only found out after changing the bright switch. Then checked for power at the plug and found lights were burnt. Doh.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have narrowed the problem down to a short some where between the dimmer switch and the light sockets I would run a new wire but problem is I cant find a wiring schematic to tell me which wire in the dimmer switch/blinker cluster is the wire for the Hi beam any help would greatly appreciated