Need to polish my fuel tanks and wheels what product is the best or recomended

Marcel67

I have no experience polishing but White Diamond was recommended to me. It can be bought at Advance Auto Parts. I am going to try it this winter on my tanks and bumper.

Saw a demo at Mid-America and looked good. Prefer something like WD instead of acid cleaning/wash then polish.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I bought a product off the shelf at my mack dealer called grey matter or something like that,its a liquid they have two different cutting grades heavy and fine, I use the fine and it works awesome,I will double check the name of it.

I've used Zephyr before to do it by hand, seemed to work pretty good. Best I used was a home made concoction, the guy-an owner operator by the way- said he melted down the polishing bricks, mixed in some-hmmmmm, I forgot. Mineral spirits maybe? And some other ingredients, anyway, he sold it for $5 a bottle,usually a 20 oz. Mtn. Dew bottle,but it worked great.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

All depends how pitted or dull they are... If they are scratched to hell you need to sand them first. It's a real pita.....if they are just dull pick up a few cloth buffing wheels and some bars. work your way down with the grit....

Once they are starting to look good hit them with some white diamond and the buffer wheel....

White diamond is the best I have used so far... It does not get hard like the purple stuff does... It just seams more. User friendly especially when your doing it by hand.

You saw the truck it's not bad, the bar I'm using is doing ok and nice results, but where did you buy it? I give it a try because like posted earlier I killed my grinder! When are you back in town?

Not for alittle while. This is more hand stuff rather then buffer but I think anything can be used

http://buschshineproducts.com/super-shine-aluminum-polish-p-3.html. I know some places do carry it not sure witch