Nuttall fixed neck lowboy 35 ton

rz761

Just my two cents,

If there is a price I will stop and look at it and think about if I could use it or know someone that might be interested. Sometimes I have bought things just because of the price, not that I needed it, but the price, I have kept some things and bought and sold others.

I very rarely will stop and call someone and ask about the price. Why? Because I have had many conversations with sellers that feel insulted by my offer or start arguing with me about what they really have. Not worth the headache. If you want to sell something post a price if it is a firm price state that if you are open to offers state that, it is not hard and will attract interested people. Same goes of pictures, no pictures or price I will skip over it unless it has a decent description I will ask for pictures. No pictures I will move on. I don't know how many times I have been told it was one thing and after going to look at it, sometimes a days drive and it turned out to be another and just a waste of time and money. My rule is now "No pictures not worth it" especially in todays world.

Anyone remember the CL ad for a Mack sign with hanger and it turned out to be was a mud flap and bracket.

If you want me to become interested post a reasonable price, maybe a picture or two and a decent description. Then if it peaks my interested I will call and we can get into it.

Now a days, with the internet, everything is close, I have purchased equipment as far away from me as Rhode Island, About 1800 miles away, I hired a local shop to go due an inspection and look at it after I got pictures, an agreed price and a good description. So because I am far away does not mean I wont buy it, but don't post no information and price and for sure I wont. I also had asked a member on here to check out a truck for me by where he lived, based off his observation and pictures when he checked out the truck for me I made a fair offer to make the purchase, unfortunately the owner and I were a few hundred apart and the deal fell apart. That truck was 650 miles away from me.

As you all know this past weekend I just picked up a truck in Nebraska about 300 miles away, that truck had a price and OBO, I called the owner he knew what it was and sent me pictures and we were able to settle on a price. If the ad said "truck for sale call" I would not have called or bought it.

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

hmmmm, this is great. the more you people talk and ramble how you would never call about a trailer that doesnt post a price, the more calls I get. For those of you that have such a hard time accepting I didnt put a price on the add, I really dont care what you guys think. I dont care how one would, should, or could advertise. I do it my way. I dont see anyone giving the guy shit that has the b-model concave cab for sale on here with no price. If you guys really needed a price so you can make sure that im not fucking you or fucking myself whether it be 1,000 or 10,000, you can thank matt for that. My price is fair for what it is and what it needs.

I got quite a few questions about the crossmembers and main beams, if there was rot on them. As deep as I have looked at this trailer, there is not one crossmember rotted on it. I dont think its seen salt very often. People ask if they can hook onto it and take it away, sure go ahead, I just cant gaurantee a non eventful trip back.

SO for all you guys that still seem to knock how I advertise, go ahead, I wouldnt change a thing if I were to do it over again. Like some of the posts state, I have my reason for not showing prices. Mostly to keep the tire kickers away that say oh wow thats to much, or oh only if my wife would let me have that. What the fuck, give me a break. So once again with that said, I think we can focus on a trailer I have for sale now?

Thanks

Richie

607-725-3639

• 2 weeks later...

Okay seriously? How does a trailer for sale turn in to a huge argument. If the guy wants you to call for a price, either you do or don't. It's the seller's choice. Sure, it will take longer to sell with no price but that's the seller's choice. Personally I prefer when the seller puts a price on it because usually No Price = It's Too Much. But there's no need to start a huge argument over it, jeeze. I personally cannot afford it at all right now but I was curious about what they go for, that's why I looked. Giving a guy a hard time about whether or not he put a price on his ad or whether or not his price is fair is not really helping anything.

As a buyer, I would say put a starting price on the ad and you should always most certainly put your location. But as a seller, I know that there are certain reasons why it is sometimes better to not put a price on stuff.

But seriously, this isn't worth a huge fight.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Okay seriously? How does a trailer for sale turn in to a huge argument. If the guy wants you to call for a price, either you do or don't. It's the seller's choice. Sure, it will take longer to sell with no price but that's the seller's choice. Personally I prefer when the seller puts a price on it because usually No Price = It's Too Much. But there's no need to start a huge argument over it, jeeze. I personally cannot afford it at all right now but I was curious about what they go for, that's why I looked. Giving a guy a hard time about whether or not he put a price on his ad or whether or not his price is fair is not really helping anything.

As a buyer, I would say put a starting price on the ad and you should always most certainly put your location. But as a seller, I know that there are certain reasons why it is sometimes better to not put a price on stuff.

But seriously, this isn't worth a huge fight.

Ben

It kept it interesting