Tornado

vision386

I just read a tornado touched down near Peoria,IL today causing some major damage,i hope our old BMT friend Rob faired ok,and all others involved as well!.....................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I just heard about the tornado. I been trying to find out more info. Some very good friends of ours live in the area hit by the tornado (Washington, IL). That area is flat as a pancake. I read at least two (2) fatalities so far. Sad day and hope there are no more.

Rob is west near Farmington...not to say he was not hit. Hope everyone is okay.

UPDATE: I tried calling Washington and the phone service is down. I suppose there is no electricity either.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Coal City and Diamond (60 miles southwest of Chicago) were also hit.Very near Wilmington where just 2 weeks ago I picked up a Quadbox from a good friend & had a great time visiting with macknutt & b61mack. Hope everyone there is OK as well.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yea buddy we stayed at the TA just outside chicago, but right before gary indiana on I-65 they had damaging winds.

Good to hear you are okay.

I was viewing pics of Washington posted on the Peoria Journal Star (newspaper) website. In one pic I think I see my one friend's house. If so, it is still standing. Still too early to know if him and others are okay.

Strange thing about tornados. One side of the street is flattened and the other untouched.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yea buddy we stayed at the TA just outside chicago, but right before gary indiana on I-65 they had damaging winds.

Oh...Burr Street TA? Been there before. I was trying to call you, but you're on BMT. Glad to hear you made out OK. I was looking at different maps of the tornadoes online, looked like they were all from Peoria east. Lot of then over in Indiana too, right up the way you went. Might be a good thing you didn't go the 74-39 rt, it said at least 6 trucks were blown over about 80 miles west of Chicago.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I am in Indianapolis. There were many tornado touchdowns through the state with many storms cells rolling through. It was a very fast moving front, traveling around 70 mph. It seemed to go around me personally, but many others weren't so lucky. My internet came back online this morning, but that is no big deal compared to power outages more severe damage in many places. There are many schools across the state with a 2 hour delay and some have even canceled school today. I hope everyone else is OK!

Drew