KING PIN replacement

Baxter

Were they OEM pins with the 1/2 inch thick plug or the old plugs style about a 1/8 thick? Always jack up front axle to grease. It's possible the grease seal in the top below the bearing is in backward. It should be in so the seal release the grease toward the axle. If its in wrong it holds the grease in and puts pressure on the top cap.

• Like 1

Were they OEM pins with the 1/2 inch thick plug or the old plugs style about a 1/8 thick? Always jack up front axle to grease. It's possible the grease seal in the top below the bearing is in backward. It should be in so the seal release the grease toward the axle. If its in wrong it holds the grease in and puts pressure on the top cap.

yes they are the OEM pins with the thick caps, will have to check the grease seals to be sure how they were installed.

Might be too small a pin or too big a hole too, pin rubbing top cap if the old pin spun in the axle.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 months later...

With the axle number, the correct pin kit can be determined. The axle number is stamped on the pass. side facing front between the king pin and the spring.

With the pump number, you can call some suppliers and run the numbers for cost. Called around on a rebuild and found a super deal with warr. from a good shop.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

B model king pins are pretty easy. Did mine and I've fought with the old Ford I beams version for years. The Mack literally fell out! Took three hours to tear down and that was starting with the truck sitting on the tires to putting the tools back away.

Splindles.jpg

I also got my air compressor rebuilt. Mason truck parts:

http://www.masontrucksales.com/

It was $500 and only took a day. Really fast service. One day shipping, there one day, one day shipping back. Nice work. That was 10 yrs ago?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"