MH613 E9 engine run videos

My Ultraliner is still in storage, so a little TLC before the winter sets in.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3y9lWHhGmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_qAtcRb7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0abQu_FNno

the truck has been off the road since 2004, I plan to pull most of it apart for restoration but it must wait until I finish my current project...

warning... this video contains a bus and a two stroke green leaker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G6s95Et6IY

BC Mack

• Like 1

Nice vids. MH looks and sounds great. What level interior is in the MH? I want to upgrade mine someday. Really like the Scenicruser. Would like to see both in person. Scenicruiser brings back memories of my college days riding the "grey dog".

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Cool vids clean mack cab and a nice clean 318. What the story on th passenger car, the old wood sided boxcar that looks like its been turned into a camp car and the switcher?

I keep them both at the West Coast Railway Assoc. storage shop in Squamish B.C..... now, I'm not a railway buff but they have an interesting collection, my bus is parked between a vip railcar once used by the Premier of BC and one of the first main-line diesel locomotives in Canada... once the bus is finished the Mack will take its parking spot... the WCRA has little use for space between the rails so that's why I'm there as it is very hard to find undercover shop space in my region that my limited budget can afford.

BC Mack

On 10/18/2013 at 4:58 AM, farmer52 said:

Nice vids. MH looks and sounds great. What level interior is in the MH? I want to upgrade mine someday. Really like the Scenicruser. Would like to see both in person. Scenicruiser brings back memories of my college days riding the "grey dog".

I have yet to contact the Mack Museum to get my build sheet, it's on "the list".... I am a little confused between level 3 and level 4 as mine seems to meet level 4 but other info states that was Magnum only.... it has the fabric button seats, carpet on floor and engine hump; the door, pax dash facia, ceiling-wall panels are in the "furry stuff".... what do you think from my photos??

and... if I had ooodles of $$$ and a Landol trailer I would bring them both to the east coast shows for your viewing pleasure... :twothumbsup:

BC Mack

Edited by BC Mack
  • Like 1

I have yet to contact the Mack Museum to get my build sheet, it's on "the list".... I am a little confused between level 3 and level 4 as mine seems to meet level 4 but other info states that was Magnum only.... it has the fabric button seats, carpet on floor and engine hump; the door, pax dash facia, ceiling-wall panels are in the "furry stuff".... what do you think from my photos??

and... if I had ooodles of $$$ and a Landol trailer I would bring them both to the east coast shows for your viewing pleasure... :twothumbsup:

BC Mack

My "guess" is Level 3. I thought Level 4 was only available in red. I am sure someone on here will know. Mine is Level 2 and does not have door or sleeper panels, carpet, extra lights, etc. I would like to upgrade to the same interior as your MH. Looks nice!! Hope you get that trailer and can travel East.

Ken

I just "found" a booklet (dated 1985) on the MH cabs

Level 1 & 2 = silver gray vinyl

Level 3 = blue or black vinyl

Level 4 = combination red vinyl & velour

Additional items for Level 3 - padded instrument panel insert on rider's side, carpeted floor mats, dual center map lamp in headliner, patterned vinyl sleeper curtain, wardrobe closet with curtain (RH side in bunk), lighted vanity mirror in wardrobe closet and includes RH speaker and 12V power supply, and LH speaker w/volume control in bunk.

So I think you have Level 3 interior. But the color looks gray....is it blue or black?

P.S. When I get back to PA I will scan the booklet and post here.

Ken

Farmer

level 3 seems appropriate, your book is 85 and my truck is 93 so there may be some adjustments.

it is grey velour and carpet.. however, the velour on the riders panel looks more like purple, must be uv... the door panel is dark grey vinyl top and carpet lower.

I was told by the previous owner it was a "high spec" order by the original owner, I'm the 3rd.....

pretty sure I have all the options you have listed..

maybe I should get moving on getting my spec sheet from the museum... also need replacement white decals with all the specs, they have faded away.

I know it has a twin frame and 20k front axle with two steering boxes to meet the requirements to pull a 'super B' in BC, 63,500kg.. that's 140,000lbs, so it was built with one purpose in mind.

once I have the Scenicruiser project finished I will move my brain cells over to the Mack and start putting some more serious thought into it..

there are two more E9 MH613's not far from here, still running, will be in touch with the owner and will send you info on them once I get a happy feeling that they are to be released.

BC Mack

Farmer

level 3 seems appropriate, your book is 85 and my truck is 93 so there may be some adjustments.

it is grey velour and carpet.. however, the velour on the riders panel looks more like purple, must be uv... the door panel is dark grey vinyl top and carpet lower.

I was told by the previous owner it was a "high spec" order by the original owner, I'm the 3rd.....

pretty sure I have all the options you have listed..

maybe I should get moving on getting my spec sheet from the museum... also need replacement white decals with all the specs, they have faded away.

I know it has a twin frame and 20k front axle with two steering boxes to meet the requirements to pull a 'super B' in BC, 63,500kg.. that's 140,000lbs, so it was built with one purpose in mind.

once I have the Scenicruiser project finished I will move my brain cells over to the Mack and start putting some more serious thought into it..

there are two more E9 MH613's not far from here, still running, will be in touch with the owner and will send you info on them once I get a happy feeling that they are to be released.

BC Mack

If it has velour and vinyl, it might be Level 4 especially since the dash panels are velour. Perhaps later Mack offered gray in addition to red.

I recommend sending a note to the Museum (with a donation) to get the build sheet and other pertinent information. Well worth the 6-8 week wait.

Ken