GPS Does It Again

other dog

At least he did the right thing when he realized he was between a rock and a hard place, some drivers probably would have kept going until the trailer was over the edge.

http://cdllife.com/2013/top-trucking-news/stuck-driver-says-gps-led-him-up-steep-road/

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Atleast he stopped. When I have doubts esp on a road I have never been on i look at the atlas and see if there are any truck restrictions. Lets say they don't put them all on the restrictions. Came across I forget what rd in Wv gps had us going one way and looking at it on the comp had doubts. broke out the map and no restrictions figure game on. Turned onto the road and that was it to late to back up and just kept going. 1.5 trucks wide and twist and turns that had me running off the road to get around the next curve. Wv let me tell yeah

Sympathize for these guys. NY is odd because trucks CANNOT go on Parkways. At least once a week, we get it. 12+ feet of truck does not fit under a 8.5 foot bridge. I guess they are so obsessed with reading the GPS they miss the BIG signs that say no trucks and miss the sign with the slash through the truck.

• Like 2

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

Sympathize for these guys. NY is odd because trucks CANNOT go on Parkways. At least once a week, we get it. 12+ feet of truck does not fit under a 8.5 foot bridge. I guess they are so obsessed with reading the GPS they miss the BIG signs that say no trucks and miss the sign with the slash through the truck.

Now adays nobody uses common sense. It said go this way. I figured the sign was for something else and not me

• Like 1

Atleast he stopped. When I have doubts esp on a road I have never been on i look at the atlas and see if there are any truck restrictions. Lets say they don't put them all on the restrictions. Came across I forget what rd in Wv gps had us going one way and looking at it on the comp had doubts. broke out the map and no restrictions figure game on. Turned onto the road and that was it to late to back up and just kept going. 1.5 trucks wide and twist and turns that had me running off the road to get around the next curve. Wv let me tell yeah

you got that right! I had a load going to Mullens W.V. one time and rt. 10 out of Princeton looked like the logical way to go- same deal, had to take the whole road to get around a lot of the curves, and you couldn't see if anything was coming towards you. And no truck restrictions on the road at all. When I got to Mullens they said "oh, nobody goes that way, you should have went to Beckley and then took rt. 16 down here." I went up 16 to Beckley when I left there.

I don't think they have any restrictions in W.V. I took a load of pipe to a job site up around Fairmont one time and I got off of 79 on some little small road. I thought "I don't think this road is big enough for a big truck", but it was the way my directions said to go. I went maybe a half mile and there was a sign that said "road narrows ahead". "Great" I thought, "i'll end up lost in W.V. forever, i'll have to abandon my vehicle and walk out of here." But I made it in and out ok of course, or i'd still be wandering around in them W.V. hills today.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I took a side road that ran along side the Santa fa railroad in tehchapi California. This was the famous tehcapi loop that most railroad buffs know about....well map view looked like I would be fine plenty of room. Some tight turns. No restrictions etc...

I had that race car trailer inches from stone rock cliffs and rock walls trying to get around turns,oncoming lane. But I made it and got to see some cool views....but next time I will take the. Car or bike instead!.

Guy did the right thing and stopped.

• Like 1

we have about the same thing in our village, steep building with a 4 way intersection downtown that says Trucks No Turns on about 10 different signs and even hanging above their head. at least once a week we get some dumbass tryin to turn with a 53 foot trailer thru the intersection instead of going down 200 feet and takin the truck route around town. the damn GPS tells them to take a left or right on rt 5s west or east and they just turn and pay no attention to the hanging signs.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg