I would like to change the oil and all the filters in this 711. Problem being where would I find out the correct filters numbers without pulling them out first. I would like to buy the filters ahead of time. Also what oil is the best for Southern Florida weather. Any help would be appreciated !!!! Thanks Joe

Fuel filter would be a Mack #237GB13, Baldwin #PF819

Oil filter would depend on whether it's a by-pass filter or a full flow/by-pass filter.

How many and what size lines are going from the pad on the side of the motor to the oil filter housing?

As for oil I'd use 15W40.

Ron

I run Rotella 15w40, and I think that is pretty common for everyone no matter the climate.

The filter will depend on if you have THREE lines or only TWO from the bottom of the filter canister.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

guess I have the number wrong in my head. I know mine has the two big lines, one small one and the cast top holding the filter down. and know the filter was around $40 bucks. all the 711's I have have this same filter. must be they are all full flows then? I have two in trucks and one for parts and they all have the two big lines and the one small return.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

never knew, thanks Ron. were they only used on newer 65 and up trucks or something? the engine in my B613 is a 1975 block and is an END707 . it came out of a dumptruck and was clean and I figured it was a short block and someone built it? but later found out the END707 came factory in R models. the Sears Oil truck we have had a 711 in it and is a 1965 and the full flow filter also and a blown main line to the lubrifiner AND a bad rod knocking. im thinking it was all related. I found a relplacement 711 out of a 66 R model that runs excellent and has the full flow filter also but mounted way up high so we had to change the mount to put it in a B model. knew knew, just figured all the 750's were the same until I went to buy a filter for mine.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Matt

The earliest truck we had with that filter was a 1963 "F" model with a V-8.

As I stated before I think the development of the END864 V-8 had something to do with the introduction of the full flow/bypass filter.

It was then engineered to be also used with the six cylinder engines.

Ron

Matt

The 750C is the element for a 750 Luber-Finer, it is a by/pass filter.

The filter Joe has is the full flow/by pass filter specially designed for or by the Mack Co. and made by the W.G.B. Oil Clarifier Co. from Kingston, NY

The only things the 2 filter elements have in common is there physical size.

The element for the Mack filter has a gasket permanently installed on either end of it (nothing to do with the housing gasket).

The one for a 750 Luber-Finer does not.

The element in the W.G.B. filter is held down with a cast top containing check valves to control oil flow, it mates with gasket on the top of the element.

The element in a 500 or 750 Luber -Finer is held in place with a Tee handle with a spring mechanism built into it.

The only difference between a 500 and 750 Luber-Finer is it's size.

All Luber-Finers have the two smaller lines. and were used on many different make trucks.

The Mack designed filter has the 2 #16 Aeroquip lines for full flow, with the third smaller line for by/pass and you'll only find this filter on a Mack.

Earlier Macks came with Luber-Finers, it was the only game in town.

I think the full flow came out about the same time as the END864 V-8.

The V-8 probably had something to do with the introduction of this filter.

Good idea but if one of those #16 Aeroquip lines lets lose you don't have much time before your engine becomes a "Boat Anchor"

Especially on an "F" model with the filter was mounted on the L.H. frame rail behind the battery box!

The lines were much longer, even longer still if it had a 6 cylinder in it rather than a V-8.

Ron

Several years ago I bought an old '67 F-611LT from a farmer,it had been sitting along time,but fired right up when we pull started it.I started out the driveway with my prize and hadn't even started to split 2nd when they came running out behind me yelling to shut it off,one of the big oil lines blew. Only lost about 2 gallon but it sure made a mess.

• Like 1

guess I have the number wrong in my head. I know mine has the two big lines, one small one and the cast top holding the filter down. and know the filter was around $40 bucks. all the 711's I have have this same filter. must be they are all full flows then? I have two in trucks and one for parts and they all have the two big lines and the one small return.

Ever 711 I have seen or worked on had a full flow filter.I remember a update to change a non full flow block over to a full flow in the early years.If I remenebr right it was for you to machine the oil galley hole out that goes from the filter mounting pad down to the oil pump some and press a tube in ther blocking the oil pump pressure from the oil galley and forcing it up to the filter and back down to the oil galley. I never saw one done but remember seeing the service letter from the factory.

• Like 1

glenn akers

Several years ago I bought an old '67 F-611LT from a farmer,it had been sitting along time,but fired right up when we pull started it.I started out the driveway with my prize and hadn't even started to split 2nd when they came running out behind me yelling to shut it off,one of the big oil lines blew. Only lost about 2 gallon but it sure made a mess.

I know what you mean Mike,

We lost several V-8's this way.

One of older drivers used to always keep the L.H. quarter fender on his tractor clean as a whistle, even if the rest of truck was dirty, you can better bet

that quarter fender was clean. That was his early warning device for problems with the oil lines.

Needless to say, out of the ones we lost because of this, he wasn't driving any of them!

Ron

• Like 1