1930 Mack Model BC Parts/info

Rubrmat

Hey Folks,

I've recently acquired a 1930 Mack Model BC that has MOST everything there, however, is in dire need of rehabilitation. I have been in contact with the Mack Truck Museum and they were able to find information on my truck and send me copies of it's record of delivery, BC sales sheet, and BC information and parts. Other than that, it has been very difficult to find information on this model of truck.

Some specific parts I'm looking for are:

Radiator cap (threaded type)

Gas tank cap

Cap to the oil filter canister

Steering Wheel

Shift Knob

Any/all engine filters

Air Filter Cap

Distributor cap retaining clip

You can see some attached photos as reference of what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

post-15311-0-44560900-1372347111_thumb.j

post-15311-0-44215800-1372347136_thumb.j

post-15311-0-36549500-1372347162_thumb.j

post-15311-0-22257000-1372347183_thumb.j

post-15311-0-77607200-1372347266_thumb.j

post-15311-0-37069600-1372347282_thumb.j

• Like 1

looks pretty complete for one that old, depends on the how you want to restore but to get it running you may be able to find other parts that will work or get them made, a clip from an older distributor may work same with the gas cap, not sure about the oil filter but perhaps a rubber threaded plug (similar to a boat plug). I would contact a custom wood or cabinet shop, someone should be able to make a steering wheel for less than a restoration wheel, but if you have lots of money I am sure that somebody has all those parts.

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 1 year later...

looks pretty complete for one that old, depends on the how you want to restore but to get it running you may be able to find other parts that will work or get them made, a clip from an older distributor may work same with the gas cap, not sure about the oil filter but perhaps a rubber threaded plug (similar to a boat plug). I would contact a custom wood or cabinet shop, someone should be able to make a steering wheel for less than a restoration wheel, but if you have lots of money I am sure that somebody has all those parts.

All things considered it is pretty darn complete! We are quite fond of the "patina" it has but want to make sure it is solid and can be driven. We will be replacing the wood on the side steps but aging it to match the truck. As you can imagine the wood is pretty much gone on it. While we have wood on our mind we will likely dismantle the cab and rebuild the wood structure/supports, straightening what sheet metal we can while putting it back together. It winds up that there were two oil filters, the factory and a supplementary aftermarket unit. The aftermarket unit was the one missing the top. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

You have a neat truck, the early "B" is an easy truck to work on. I have my "BB" stripped down to the frame. Parts may be hard to find, but i have been reusing all mine. I got a wiring diagram from the museum for mine and will rewire with new cloth covered wire. Some parts are universal with old vehicles of that era. Restoration Supply Co in Escondido, CA comes to mind. Look at their on line catalog and you may find some parts there.

post-195-0-16211200-1405087498_thumb.jpg