steering wheel repairs by BIG DOG

NEW MEMBER. I WOULD LIKE TO ASK BIG DOG A QUESTION ON THE ARTICLE HE POSTED ON STEERING WHEEL REPAIRS.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF HE HAS TRIED USING RUBBER BUMPER REPAIR EPOXY TO FILL CRACKS AND ALSO SELF ETCHING

PRIMER. I;M DOING A WHEEL FROM A B MODEL MACK AND SO FAR IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE. I HAVE ALSO USED

AUTOMOTIVE STRUCTURAL ADHESIVE IN THE DEEP AREAS OF THE CRACKS FIRST AFTER RUNNING A WIDE PITCHED HACK-

SAW BLADE THROUGH THE CRACKS FIRST. THIS MAKES THE INSIDE AREA EVEN MORE COURSE THAN A DREMEL TOOL.

THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE. bilandsam@yahoo.com

I would love to send my wheel out of my R to OZ to Pearl Craft and let them do the pearl treatment on it.

Cheers, Rob

I've seen those! that's some beautiful work they do!............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

used the Eastwood kit myself, ground out the cracks and cleaned the rust from the metal to and finished it with 'Icing'. used the primer, let it set and dry a few months and the cracks came back. seems like it shrunk. I hung it on the wall and that's where its hung for over year. need to figure out something and was thinkin of problem plastic bumper repair kit myself.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I ground out all the cracks and filled with PC-7 two part epoxy..sprayed with adhesive promotor then a bunch of coats of primer/filler wet sanding between coats.I sprayed it with Mack interior green paint and its held up so far....time will tell....Jim

used the Eastwood kit myself, ground out the cracks and cleaned the rust from the metal to and finished it with 'Icing'. used the primer, let it set and dry a few months and the cracks came back. seems like it shrunk. I hung it on the wall and that's where its hung for over year. need to figure out something and was thinkin of problem plastic bumper repair kit myself.