My puckers and aw sh$t moments from Macungie!

JumperAndSon

Ha, you had fun huh? Sounds like my road trips.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Tim/Ben - your trip was more "interesting" than mine. Good to meet you guys (and daughter) and glad you made it home safely. You mention Altoona, did you get off the turnpike at Bedford? Route 22 from Altoona to Cresson and Edensburg is uphill most of the way. Then there are the two (2) long downhill stretches before you get into Blairsville. See you at Watt's in August.

And for OD - well I will forgive him since he was scouting Winfall Wimmin.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

FYI, semi trucks pulling 32 foot camping trailers don't fit behind Waffle House in Carlisle, just in case you think that it looks like they do.

I've been in some places with my 40ftr that I shouldn't be. Got some bad directions once to a guys house and ended up having to back up through a neighborhood til I found a side street I could turn around onto. Ugh. Remember Leslie post the other day? Ya.

It is impossible to tell that your trailer tire is shredded while driving a straight-piped Detroit riding on Rayco spring suspension on the Pa turnpike until someone tells you.

Ditto that. Going to Indy years back I had a fellow yell on the radio that I was loosing one. I now remember to check the mirrors more often to check tires(though I do check lanes constantly I don't always look down at the tires).

You really do need throttle return springs on the governor. With JT as my witness, I left the show with two, wound up on the turnpike with none. It's an amazing feeling to have the loud pedal fall out from under your boot. Thanks to Tim Hoover for the zipties.

Yup, had that happen on the B. Luckly I was just in town when it happened. Fell to the floor and scared the beejesus out of me. I pulled the shutoff and rolled into a parking lot. Using some wire I had, I reattached the spring. Purchased a new spring and have been good for 10 yrs.

Always put nice mirrors on your truck, mine suck something awful.

Nothing worse then not being able to see behind you. More and BIGGER mirrors the better.

Route 22 from Altoona to Indiana county is mostly uphill, seriously uphill.

Remember my PA road thread? Ya, them little roads SUCK.

Nice seats are important.
Yes.

Front drive axles that leak 90w create lots of cleaning work on your new trailer.

I cracked an oil line once and didn't know it. I got to the race track to find the whole front and passenger side of my trailer DRIPPING in oil. UGH!!!! What a freak'n mess that was. Lucky the track owner had some line and was able to fix it easily. Cleaning was not so easy. Lots of simple green.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, semi trucks pulling 32 foot camping trailers don't fit behind Waffle House in Carlisle, just in case you think that it looks like they do.

I've been in some places with my 40ftr that I shouldn't be. Got some bad directions once to a guys house and ended up having to back up through a neighborhood til I found a side street I could turn around onto. Ugh. Remember Leslie post the other day? Ya.

It is impossible to tell that your trailer tire is shredded while driving a straight-piped Detroit riding on Rayco spring suspension on the Pa turnpike until someone tells you.

Ditto that. Going to Indy years back I had a fellow yell on the radio that I was loosing one. I now remember to check the mirrors more often to check tires(though I do check lanes constantly I don't always look down at the tires).

You really do need throttle return springs on the governor. With JT as my witness, I left the show with two, wound up on the turnpike with none. It's an amazing feeling to have the loud pedal fall out from under your boot. Thanks to Tim Hoover for the zipties.

Yup, had that happen on the B. Luckly I was just in town when it happened. Fell to the floor and scared the beejesus out of me. I pulled the shutoff and rolled into a parking lot. Using some wire I had, I reattached the spring. Purchased a new spring and have been good for 10 yrs.

Nothing worse then not being able to see behind you. More and BIGGER mirrors the better.

Remember my PA road thread? Ya, them little roads SUCK.

Yes.

Front drive axles that leak 90w create lots of cleaning work on your new trailer.

I cracked an oil line once and didn't know it. I got to the race track to find the whole front and passenger side of my trailer DRIPPING in oil. UGH!!!! What a freak'n mess that was. Lucky the track owner had some line and was able to fix it easily. Cleaning was not so easy. Lots of simple green.

Hahaha I am glad to know that we are not alone!

And yes, it was quite an adventure. But I, for one, enjoyed every second of it. I am sooo lucky to be able to do stuff like that with my father. There are so many kids my age that spend the summer inside playing video games. Me, I sure do like the sound of that beautiful, unmuffled, two stroke with Garret turbo giving all it's got to yank that 10,00lbs up the mountain in top gear through the night. Priceless :twothumbsup:

Ben

• Like 2
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Okay guys, I will provide my two cents from the trip:

I didn't want to hijack Farmers thread so here goes:

After we parked and we were sitting there, two 30 foot box trucks and a freightshaker road tractor went through the same space that we did. However, it was a VERY tight squeze with the caming trailer.

It also requires some skill to replace such a tire when you have no jack and no tire iron. Thank you to the kind man at the rest stop who lent us his ratchet.

My excellent copiloting played a big role in safely curing this situation. And I personally thought it was pretty cool to watch that pedal literally fall out from under my father's foot.

Again, my copiloting helped here too. My siser and I looked at the mirrors for my dad because from where we were, we could see behind us.

And the amazing two stroke did not mind it one bit. But it sure was cool to hear that thing pulling hard and the turbo sounded awesome.

I thought our seats were just fine :whistling:

post-10909-0-49254800-1373381526_thumb.j

And guess who did a lot of that cleaning work......

Thanks for listening, Tim

And Ben

Ben

Me, I sure do like the sound of that beautiful, unmuffled, two stroke with Garret turbo giving all it's got to yank that 10,00lbs up the mountain in top gear through the night. Priceless :twothumbsup:

Your right about that it is doing all it can do just to keep 10k moving let alone in top gear.

Me, I sure do like the sound of that beautiful, unmuffled, two stroke with Garret turbo giving all it's got to yank that 10,00lbs up the mountain in top gear through the night. Priceless :twothumbsup:

Your right about that it is doing all it can do just to keep 10k moving let alone in top gear.

Have you been up the hill between Bedford and Blairsville? It is not just a bump. I'd like to hear your kitty cat doing the same thing..... Oh wait, I wouldn't hear it :loldude:

Ben

Have you been up the hill between Bedford and Blairsville? It is not just a bump. I'd like to hear your kitty cat doing the same thing..... Oh wait, I wouldn't hear it :loldude:

Ben

yeah but difference is even bobtail I am 28k and That kitty wouldn't even hiccup. Hell hook a chain up and keep pulling you lol.

Ben

If you went 22 west you went up a steep winding grade from Duncansville to Cresson. I bet that 2stroke bellowed. But the long downhill grade into Blairsville is a great place to use your jake.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

yeah but difference is even bobtail I am 28k and That kitty wouldn't even hiccup. Hell hook a chain up and keep pulling you lol.

Don't get too excited there Cat guy there be E9's in them there woods, me or Ray (MHE9) may come by you on the way up and hook on to drag you and the Detroit up at a reasonable speed, nothing like watching a cat struggle up a hill with a Detroit in tow! LOL, now that good stuff there.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Don't get too excited there Cat guy there be E9's in them there woods, me or Ray (MHE9) may come by you on the way up and hook on to drag you and the Detroit up at a reasonable speed, nothing like watching a cat struggle up a hill with a Detroit in tow! LOL, now that good stuff there.

I may get out run up the hill by an E9 but I'll be knocking on there door if they miss a gear. There is no replacement for displacement but weight sure does play one hell of a factor. Wouldn't be much struggle even with there brakes locked down. Might just mean 1 gear down :whistling:

If you went 22 west you went up a steep winding grade from Duncansville to Cresson. I bet that 2stroke bellowed. But the long downhill grade into Blairsville is a great place to use your jake.

Absolutely! And we made sure to take the oppertunity :twothumbsup:

Ben