The dogs are back!

I've thought of putting small amber lights on my mirrors. Maybe not turn signals, but just something to glow in the night. I tried a few of those really small LED grommet mounts and like them. Might get a few more, they are about $6 a piece.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Now all you gotta do is ream the hole in you door for a bigger grommet and put all your wires thru it. I did it on my 84, I had heated mirrors, lollipop turn signal/cl lights and cb coax all going thru the door and into the dash. I used to put those lollipop turn signals on the mirrors of every truck I drove or bought, I think I'm tired of em now. I took a different approach with the 85 I went clean on the mirror arms, no wires at all.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

You know Mack actually sells those mirrors with amber cl's on the bottom now from the factory, thought about attatching some to my last trucks mirrors across the bottom but I went for the LED lollipops like always. I kinda miss my lights but Im enjoying the clean look I have going right now without all the clutter compared to my other trucks.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

ta da!

post-5240-0-87242900-1366163599_thumb.jp

I think I have a picture of a superliner with those! I thought they were home made!...prolly have the same issue as the ones I tried in the mirror...the mirrors (especially the passenger side) are turned so much the lights do not point straight ahead...I like the ones I have, small, compact and has red to the rear!

Get some single Amber LED's from radio shack or some fact simily and drill out the dogs eye's, than install the LED's and make the bulldog signal. Heated mirror brackets are pre-drilled for wire routing ;o)

It looked awesome on the truck at the "auto-motion" show !

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

I never said they were pretty, I kinda figured I would use a nicer light if I did it, those look like what they are an afterthought to add an option to the list using parts in the warehouse.

The clearance lights on the mirrors is a Canadian thing Eh ! We used to take them off our trucks that we ran in the US. Just a way of trying to blend in with American trucks and save hassles with Dot and local police enforcement when we ran in the US.