Polishing a dump trailer?

Ok so here is the thing. I had my trailer acid washed and i don't prefer the white color. I am not looking for a blinding shiny trailer going down the road but i think that a mild polish would make it look more gray and better. I need all your opinions if this is even worth my time. probably 100 hours lol. I am going to get the trailer acid washed again today for a final finish though, the first one couldnt get all the old dirt and marks off but did a decent job. I heard that if you just let it get dirty it will get gray again? Here are some pictueres of what we are dealing with here. any advice is appreciated. I am using hoosier polish, wiping it on with a cloth, rubbing it in a few circular motions, then using a buffing ball to make a decent shine, then using a clean terry cloth to remove residue, is how you do it? or for trailers am i best off just getting it painted aluminum / grey?

post-11750-0-54968300-1365256095_thumb.j This is just a section i started.

post-11750-0-31758900-1365256154_thumb.j

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I'm not going through the aggrivation of polishing this thing! lol I am just going to give it a nice soapy wash instead and hopefully that gray color will come back after awhile

You need an actual buffer with a stick of jewelers rouge. Friend of mine did his hopper bottom last year. Think it took him

about two weeks to get it done at a couple hours a day. I think you could make it look pretty nice if you got the time.

Gonna be tough with all the ribs on the trailer. I wish you the best of luck.

post-13943-0-53470700-1365276018_thumb.j

Almost forgot, here is a picture of a brand new Freuhauf my Dad almost bought back in the mid eighties. They did

come shiny from the factory. You can post this pic up for inspiration. Your gonna need it.

OMG that's insane! I couldn't even find a picture like that on google if i tried. THX!

• Like 1

That other one with the sloped nose is parked again, it is not mine and i was testing to see if i wanted to buy it from my dad. It is only 200 pounds lighter and isnt as reinforced as the 1980s tub one. That tub one is great!

I always wondered if there was some media you could blast aluminum it with to get a nice smooth consistent CLEAN aluminum look...walnut shells, baking soda?!?

no soda it will corrode faster, no real way to do it other than sanding, polishing with jewlers rouge and a cutting wheel , then hand polish to clean it up.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"