York Springs Penn

41chevy

Going to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing this weekend for the open house and a special display of early 70's funnycars. A little north of Hagertown. Any one near by? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Going to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing this weekend for the open house and a special display of early 70's funnycars. A little north of Hagertown. Any one near by? Paul

PICTURES Paul! remember the pictures!...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

York Springs is about 10 miles from a small den of Mack fire apparatus in Heidlersburg, PA just south on US15. They run a 1965 CF that was rebodied and refurbished in 1990 by Lady & Taylor (same folks that restored my Gettysburg FD B Model for me). Its got Jere Lady's signature square headlights which I could do without. They also run a 2001 one of a kind Mack/Sutphen pumper that was a failed partnership between Mack and fire apparatus manufacturer Sutphen. If I recall, it's a Mack chassis and motor with a Sutphen body. Interesting to say the least. Finally, they've got a 2008 Granite tanker. Pics here... http://www.hfd25.com/apparatus.htm

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

I'm about 40 mins away Paul , depending on my work schedule night be able to meet ya. 1-717-877-0684 give me a buzz.

We are leaving early sat morning I'll buzz you in tha afternoon. As long as my bride holds up to the ride. Paul.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Especially MOPAR pictures.

It's Mopar or Nocar.........lest it's my 1941 or19 55 chevies.

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's Mopar or Nocar.........lest it's my 1941 or 1955 chevies.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Gotta go to Virginia on Saturday then up to New York Saturday night but will be going thru that area sometime Saturday night so probably won't get a chance to meet up and say hello.

Works out okay Mike, my house sitter cancelled and can't leave home without nobody there, with THE THIEF a few miles away. So I may shoot up tomorrow and leave momma home .

Where in N.Y.? Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

One funny car on display. nice museum tho. I bought a milk crate full of vintage truck photos that I'm going through Th first I found were the Worlds Fair Macks. I'll post some up tomorrow evening and some MoPar pics for Vinny too. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

York Springs is about 10 miles from a small den of Mack fire apparatus in Heidlersburg, PA just south on US15. They run a 1965 CF that was rebodied and refurbished in 1990 by Lady & Taylor (same folks that restored my Gettysburg FD B Model for me). Its got Jere Lady's signature square headlights which I could do without. They also run a 2001 one of a kind Mack/Sutphen pumper that was a failed partnership between Mack and fire apparatus manufacturer Sutphen. If I recall, it's a Mack chassis and motor with a Sutphen body. Interesting to say the least. Finally, they've got a 2008 Granite tanker. Pics here... http://www.hfd25.com/apparatus.htm

I always like fire trucks in different colors. These are cool.

Rob

I always like fire trucks in different colors. These are cool.

Rob

Grapeville N.Y. runs purple rigs different to say the least!!

post-3242-0-45856800-1365901654_thumb.jp

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

That had better be a green leaker (or silver 92!) in that black General! That thing is bad ass for sure! Those are the first black fire trucks that I've seen. Grapeville, Pa also has purple trucks, near Hempfield.

Tim

LOOK UP ^

P.T.CHESHIRE