Misc Trucks

BKrois

There was a guy in South Jersey who ran a Diamond Reo/dump trailer combination for years after they quit making them,this truck was SPOTLESS! He was featured in Overdrive Magazine,because he was so well known to all the dump truck guys,he washed this thing EVERY night,wore a white shirt and tie to work! (really) i believe he was awarded a new at the time International conventional,for being voted "trucker of the decade",or something like that. I saw the truck and trailer a few times,wish i had gotten pictures,really a class operation!.....................................Mark

He ran some sort of special foundry sand or something. I remember him at Englishtown using a feather duster of some sort on the truck.

I met him at the Diesel Drags a few years back when he had the IH. He and the truck were both a class act. I don't recall his name but he was from Braddock, NJ down near Hammonton. He was dressed in white shirt and tie with pressed trousers and he had a plaque on the side of the truck proclaiming his prestigious award. His son had an equally nice long-wheelbase daycab Pete.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

This is the first time I've seen this beast. It's an army surplus White 666. It was at a little car show in Roebling NJ this past summer.

I hope they don't touch it.......just leave it the way it is.

post-13134-0-65453300-1364171169_thumb.j

post-13134-0-30446800-1364171233_thumb.j

• Like 2

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

that 56 Ford was sweet. looked it over up and down at Macungie when it was there and it also has one of most perfect 'roller Cresci'' boxes i have ever seen, must have hauled topsoil or pillow fluff all its life haha. i also like the T series Fords from the sixtys. my grandfather had a red one with i think a 477 and the nice white steering wheel and headliner in it with a 5 and 3 speed with a Loadking belly dump on it.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

This is the first time I've seen this beast. It's an army surplus White 666. It was at a little car show in Roebling NJ this past summer.

I hope they don't touch it.......just leave it the way it is.

Great picture Chuck! i looked at that truck in person when it sat in Trenton years ago,they were a Diamond Reo dealer? i was'nt sure what make truck this was,as it did'nt have an I.D. plate when i opened the door,and there was never anyone around. I thought it was possibly a Brockway or a White. I do know it sat for years!.............I owe you a "like" (couple actually) fresh out for today! LOL!........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.