Replacing rear cab panel on Superliner

while you have that sheetmetal off, put some dynamat or other sound deadening material in between the metal in the corners, its one of the only places you cant get to with the interior out since its double walled and I do love the way dynamat helps the interior noise level, it makes a HUGE difference.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

while you have that sheetmetal off, put some dynamat or other sound deadening material in between the metal in the corners, its one of the only places you cant get to with the interior out since its double walled and I do love the way dynamat helps the interior noise level, it makes a HUGE difference.

Does it cut down on heat as much as it deadens sound?

Jake

Yeah dynomat is awesome stuff I did the cab of my 84 V8 Superliner and it cut the noise and heat from the firewall and floor in half. I could barely hear my phone before and after it was like the cab of my 04 Granite, I did the floor of the Granite also, Macks have issues with radiant heat on the firewall of V8 trucks and the floor of all of em. I promise its worth the time and money, I have two project packs sitting here waiting on time to pull all the interior out of my 85 and do the whole cab in it. I have been a believer since I used it on the first truck and I've used it ever since.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

STD dynomat in the 100sq ft project pack, I have thought about trying trying the extreme instead of two layers of the other but it works well and you can add another layer wherever you get more heat/ noise and its still only 1/4" thick after you roll it out.

• Like 1

Well I got curious so I went to dynamat website, yeah I guess its the dynamat extreme I used, although I didn't think it was called extreme and the closest thing to the packs I bought is the bulk pack. I will try to dig mine out of boxes to see what it says, I've had it a couple years as I got a big discount so I bought 4 packs at once and I have two left. Looks like they have some other stuff I may try out in mine I maay do one layer of dynamat and one layer of that black foam version in 1/4" thick under my carpet and in the roof, firewall.

I ordered from Summit

Ended up removing the roof today. figured it would be easier to put back on. roof had some small dents and to many extra holes in it so i figured i might as well replace it to. its only money!!!! Superliner convertable??attachicon.gifmarch 10 2013 001.JPGattachicon.gifmarch 10 2013 004.JPGattachicon.gifmarch 10 2013 006.JPG

I like the door panels, is that a level 4?

• 4 weeks later...