Stock or not???  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your vintage Macks?

• FACTORY STOCK
    • MODERN UPGRADES THROUGHOUT

I will be in the crap now!...... some of the things Mack did don't sit well with me, If I owned RD I would relocate the turn signals, that 45 degree angle coming off the fenders drives me nuts!....looks like the truck has ears! and the superliner I I would change the headlights out to rectangular, the round just don,t look right to me on that square front, and i think a R model cab looks homey with out a visor. so I guess what I'm saying is you own it do what makes you happy and tell the rest of the world to kiss your dogs tail!

• Like 1

My 2 cents. It's your truck,do wharves you like. It's your money, your truck,you gotta live with it. To me,I like old Macks done either way bone stock,or modernized (upgraded powertrain,airride,etc) as long as it's tastefully done. Some guys go overboard on chrome in everything, too much to polish. Personally I like Matt Phall's B,Joe Mustang H model. 2 old Dawgs upgraded to do work,both heavily modified but still classic look. I also like a good old chain drive AC,restored 100%.just my thoughts. .

• Like 1

Like old trucks that still look period but have updated engines/running gear so they will at least do the speed limit. Putting down the road at 40mph with a mile of pissed off drivers behind me kinda spoils the experience for me.

lol,,,know what you mean,,,used to own a nice 48 chevy pickup real good stock shape,,,50 mph with engine screaming,,on california freeways dont cut it lol.bob

I will be in the crap now!...... some of the things Mack did don't sit well with me, If I owned RD I would relocate the turn signals, that 45 degree angle coming off the fenders drives me nuts!....looks like the truck has ears! and the superliner I I would change the headlights out to rectangular, the round just don,t look right to me on that square front, and i think a R model cab looks homey with out a visor. so I guess what I'm saying is you own it do what makes you happy and tell the rest of the world to kiss your dogs tail!

do like the sun viser myself,,,buddy of mine has a 67 R with one looks real good,,,and as they mentioned your truck you do what you want want with it...i wouldnt expect anyone to fix thiers my way.lol.bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...