Seat material

Loadstar

Wondering about the speaker on the dash,is that one of the Motorola 12 volt speakers that they used to use in the police cars,I bought one on e-bay and tried to hook it up to my cb as an external but it wouldn't work..

Sure looks like it. It has the old Motorola 2-way radio also. There probably a bazillion of those sold to police & fire departments, cab companies, etc.

Jim

Thanks for the replies.....I'm not that knowledgeable on radios from that time. It does have the dash speaker, a speaker by the pump panel.... a big motorola box in a officers side compartment and as Green Dash mentioned the radio under the dash. The antenna that went on the windshield is gone....would like to find one, if anyone knows of one. Thanks again

Looking at the full size pic they look like seat covers. Bet if you pull out one and look underneath the seat, you'll find OEM upholstery poking out . Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The one thing that never lasts on any fire truck is the upholstery, so it's pretty tough to figure out what is original. Most seats get re-done pretty regularly from the constant in and out and the fire gear.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Loadstar:

Looking at the photo of the interior of your "L" cab brings back memories of operating the "L" models in my fire department back in the early '70s.

I remember that the seats were covered in red upholstery just like yours. As fxfymn says, the seats take a beating, especially an open or semi cab

model.

One contact would be: Mike's Custom Kanvas, 468 River Road, Weare, NH 03281, e-mail: MikesCustomKanvas@yahoo.com He has done work for

fire departments in New Hampshire reupholstering seats, making hose bed covers, etc.

Have you seen the website: www.firenews.org? He has a section called "Department Listings" that shows many past and present apparatus throughout

New England. He does not have a photo of Kittery's former Engine 1; maybe you could e-mail John one of your photos. That's a nice looking truck, good

luck with it.

bulldogboy

• Like 1