Anyone on here know anything or work on British Minis?

DodgeMan

It may very well be bogus- last year the Mini was imported to the U.S. was in 1967. It's possible to import one yourself if it's over 25 years old, but I'd be suspicious- there's a whole cottage industry that's developed to import late model Minis and register them as U.S. legal '67 and earlier Minis that were long ago junked. Get caught doing that and if you're lucky they only crush your car...

corrosion...!!!

rear subframe..

rocker panels...

radiator support

door bottoms

they rot from the inside out, windows leak and the water eats the floor and they literally fold in half.

most Brit cars of the same era were rust buckets... Ford Cortina's fell apart in three years

avoid the hydrolastic (hydro'spastic') suspension unless you have access to new parts

998 engine fine.... 1275GT better

Lucas (Prince of Darkness) electrics, open fuse boxes, rain through front grille kills the coil

a fine plethora of Mini owner clubs worldwide and forums on-line if you need "new friends"..

plenty of pattern parts in UK with agents worldwide, NOS stuff harder to get

an excellent vehicle concept but poorly built, got worse during the British Leyland days.. but easy to fix once you get used to them.

make sure you have a good local parts supply system.... tires (spelt 'tyres' in uk) were originally 10" so not sure if you can find them here.

played with many, raced a few on tracks.. plain jane versions are excellent run-abouts but keep off the interstate, they were never built for US road system... and by comparison to US vehicles they feel strangely small, girls call them "cute"...

my fave, the rare pick-up

hope that helps and doesn't turn you off, just be prepared

BC Mack (a transplanted Brit)

It might be legal... Body looks right for a '72, but motor looks like an "A+" which would be early 80s or later with a carb instead of '90s fuel injection. Dashboard looks maybe from the correct era too. All said, if there's a whole in the floor there's likely rust hiding all over, and this isn't a for real Cooper S... So I'd adjust my offering price downward from his asking price appropriately.