SLEEPER CAB ON R688

Thinking of puttng a sleeper on my r model I have choosen the 32 in high rise as it gives me more swing clearance on oversize loads

does anyy one have any hints or sugestions before i start

i have fabricated chassis mounts from 100 x 75 x 10 angle bolted to main rails with 16 mm bolts then sitting cabin on rubber mounts

mian thing that is holding back is finding the best rubber boot to join to cabin as iam keeping original rear window opening size as the cabin is 100% rust free and i couldnt bring myself to cut a bigger hole will post pics when i start

thanks KARLpost-7759-0-68050000-1354648068_thumb.jp

My boot was way too large, I cut it at the seam(where the factory assembled it) and shortened it up easily. Left about 1" overlap at the bottom and used some silcone to keep it closed up. Been through a couple good storms and dry as a bone.

Started this big:

SDC10843.jpg

Looked like this when done:

SDC10851.jpg

You can see the overlap at the bottom. It tightened up more when I finished screwing it to the bunk.

I have an extra boot that came with bunk. I would just buy one that was big enough and make it fit.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I also surprized when heared, but it's in a bad shape yet. So I will need to rework it in the future.

My truck has a sleeper originally. Hope there are factory screw holes.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I think Mack out sourced all sleeper installs . My truck had a crawl in 36" bunk. They just screwed the boot right to the rear wall of the cab around the windows frame. When. Bought the truck the sleeper was removed. Luckily it was done well as I was able to weld those holes up and sand it smooth. Now I want to install the sleeper and don't want to put holes back in it...