Winter has come

Vladislav

Vlad , is the Green Mack's is yours ?

if so I know where it is coming from !!

this truck use to be with SGT transport near Drumondville Québec , Canada

the name of the company is St-Germain Transport.

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

Vlad , is the Green Mack's is yours ?

if so I know where it is coming from !!

this truck use to be with SGT transport near Drumondville Québec , Canada

the name of the company is St-Germain Transport.

Mackniac, thank you for the note.

It's mine, yes, and I have them two.

There was a discussion here and we considered for shure they're from St.Germain.

Here is more about: http://www.bigmacktr...le-in-a-garage/

Today's picture - Old dogs dislike holes in a snow.

post-3971-0-86173500-1354304059_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vladislav:

I see SGT trucks running through New England all the time. Now I know what the letters stand for. Who put the nonstandard headlights on your Mack?

BTW, those pictures remind me that winter is coming to NE soon, brrrrr!

bulldogboy

The headlights are aftermarket, here in Russia. I hate rectangulars on the second truck and dislike that 4 rounds. I'll redo it into original look, waiting for surrounding plates at the moment. Parts shipping requires time though.

Vlad

Nice shots Tom, but it's better to look at then to drive through.

I see now the States are not Texas only.

Hope you're careful, avoid extremal break each time when you note a bikiny girl in the snowy woods aside a road.

• Like 1

Vlad,we do get our share of bad weather here in the states,but even winter usually does'nt stop the bikini girls! i saw these girls standing right in the middle of the road in Gurnee,IL wednesday morning,but i had a lot to do stopwise,so i was'nt able to stop and see what they were doing! (believe that i'll tell you another!)...................................Mark

post-5836-0-67501100-1354369352_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Vlad,we do get our share of bad weather here in the states,but even winter usually does'nt stop the bikini girls! i saw these girls standing right in the middle of the road in Gurnee,IL wednesday morning,but i had a lot to do stopwise,so i was'nt able to stop and see what they were doing! (believe that i'll tell you another!)...................................Mark

Hell!

Out of comments :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

Hi Vlad, That heavy a concentration of salt must really raise hell with those trucks over there, how do you cope with it? What about the secondary and country roads, do you still have to deal with a lot of unpaved roads? One thing for sure, back in the winter of 42, Hitler's fate was being sealed by the Russian winter, combination of snow and mud............Regards, Paul

RONCETTI

at least they're wearing sensible shoes.
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I bet their nipples could etch glass! :loldude:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Hi Vlad, That heavy a concentration of salt must really raise hell with those trucks over there, how do you cope with it? What about the secondary and country roads, do you still have to deal with a lot of unpaved roads? One thing for sure, back in the winter of 42, Hitler's fate was being sealed by the Russian winter, combination of snow and mud............Regards, Paul

Yes Paul, salt make it's job. A friend of mine drive Scania of 1989. He had to change frame crossmember under the 5th wheel because it was rottet through.

Good quality cars ride 6-8 years rust-free, Russian Lada's get yellow stains in 2-3. When driving everyday in a city. Local roads are usually sended or just clean.

Most roads of the central region I live have asphalt. There are locals made of sand-stone mixture connecting little citys, and too little villages have connections with ground roads. But it's in a distance of 200-300 km from Moscow. Russia is too centralized country. Civilization concentrates extremely in the capital and degreesing by a distance. It was politic of Soviet times, now it's a way of oil money distribution.

Hitler sealed, yes, but first he covered 1000km from June to November with wide front. He hadn't powers enough. But he wasn't fool. Vent back from Moscow for 100km in a comfort area and fixed there his positions for next 2 years. Many were died by cold, he didn't prepaire for winter war. His plan was to accupate Moscow before winter starts.

There was Napoleon in 1812 also.

• Like 2

• Yes you are correct Vlad, and I also believe a major blunder was starting a major offensive on June 22, way too late into the season. The blunder being to quell an uprising I believe in Bucharest, lost 3 months with that operation and bringing equipment back to the front and refitting tank tracks, etc etc etc. If BARBAROSSA was launched April 1st as planned there may have been a different outcome also. Other major blunder was going in as a liberator and soon discarded that with all the Russian people now against him, instead of having Russian forces fighting with him against Stalin, he now created more armies with a vast number of people now against him fighting for Mother Russia.............Paul

• Like 1

RONCETTI

It's true Paul, I'm surprized and glad to know that you're interesting in that part of WW2.

As for me I learned about Omaha beach (and was there) due to the interest for US army Mack trucks.

It wasn't too popular subject in Russian common war history.

• Like 2

Heavy seige gun used in seige of Sevastopol. Gun crew including engineers, security, mechanics, solders, Luftwaffe etc, 4200. Three months to assemble and 60 rail csrs to move. Fired total of 48 shells, each weighing 7 tons, during whole war. Only remains of 3 built at end of war, was a spare gun barrel and trunion, on a rail siding in Poland. Nikita was quite facinated with this story.........Paul

• Like 1

RONCETTI

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the weather in your area. It's good that you like the snow and cold.

I think the R model looks best with single round headlights. :twothumbsup:

I saw a little snow in West Virgina and Maryland Monday night myself. This was Tuesday morning on I-68 in Maryland.

I got on I-68 westbound in Cumberland at 0400 Tuesday. We're getting closer.

at least they're wearing sensible shoes.

And that's all that matters.

I bet their nipples could etch glass! :loldude:

Yeah right, I'd like to see them try to do that...... :whistling:

Jim