Heading to Houghton, MI Thursday Morning!

tkobes43

When you pick up the trailer check it over, wheel seals, lugs, anything that could be left loose at the plant. Check the lights before leaving, new trailers always have something going on that someone missed. Ask if they greased the s cams and adjusters and checked the adjustment. Be carefull, no hurry,single axle, no load and snow!!!

Are you are going to Toledo and then up toward Sault St Marie, or over to Chicago and up, if you go toward Chicago, your gps might leed you right into town, mine does, not a good place to be, traffic is always bad. Go further west and hit 39 to 90/39 back to 39 and keep on going to the end of the earth 51, after Stevens point, it's up to you what logging road you take, I sure hope you didn't forget the blowup doll and duct tape, it's dark, cold and lonely up there. good luck.

Watch out T-Bone.Houghton is a college town.Loaded with Snow-Bunnies!! If you do get stranded,good as place as any!! Driving along Lake Superior can be fun this time of year also.That area wrote the book on "lake effect snow"!Truck Safe :twothumbsup:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Just got word "You can let the fellas know on BMT that I'm on my way home with the trailer! And I got plenty of pics!!! Just got to the hotel for the night. Trailer needs a little tlc, tires, but in very good shape! Got so many sweet ideas. "

So far the trip is going well. He said he has done 1750 mile no problems.

Dont forget duct tape, a richard nixon mask, three rubber chickens, vaseline, a phillips screwdriver and a quart of plain yogurt.

Only thing on the list thats missing is the "Batman" costume,never know when it might be needed!.................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Well guys im finally home! Got home around 9:00 pm, Im uploading the pictures now. Ill do my best to try and upload all of them tonight. Got about 50-70 pics to share. Some funny stories and some not so funny ones. But ill let the pictures to the explaining.

Thanks guys!!!!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Aright guys here are the pics!!! Some of the events i will mention i did not get to take pictures of. You will see what i mean later on. All the pictures I'm going to post are daytime shots. The night time shots are all blurry. Every single one of them. Well here we go!!!

We left for Calumet, MI at 330 am on thursday Morning. The GPS was taking us up through NY and over through Canada... I didn't know that until 2 hours into our trip.

DSC06123.jpg

Upstate NY

DSC06124.jpg

Still heading North. Not realizing I'm heading towards Canada.

DSC06125.jpg

Water in NY

DSC06126.jpg

• Like 1

Vast Nothingness...

DSC06134.jpg

GolfCart anyone?

DSC06140.jpg

Ah! Finally Made it

DSC06142.jpg

Long story short, Guess my pictures didn't make it. When i typed in Calumet, MI to the GPS it was going to take me through canada. Well i didn't realize that until about 2 1/2 hours into my trip. Once i realized i had to go down and around the lower part of canada back through pa and ohio. Wasn't that bad though only added 2 hours to the trip. It got dark soon there after. Once we got to Michigan it started Snowing, then changed to freezing rain. Single axle trucks or any truck for that matter don't like slippery roads. Those last 3 hours had me on the edge of my seat. (thats why no pics) i saw a jacked knifed truck, car flipped over, etc. I don't think i went over 15 mph the whole way to the hotel. The roads where complete shit...

The next day i got up around 530 and the roads where still slick, just as slick as a slip n' slide in the winter. It was about 6 hours to the trailer from where i stopped for the night. Once the sun came out the roads got better.

DSC06145.jpg

• Like 2