The Philly Construction Thread

Thanks Dan for getting a pic of it, like what Rich said, I see it mostly in Bristol PA, near 413, and I-95. I could never get a pic of it, neat looking R Model Though. I am still guessing what kind of body this truck has on, it looks like a lube body, but it has giant tank in the rear. I also see a red International 4300 and small Cabover (I think a UD) box truck with the racing stripes on the side of it too.

-Mike

Thanks Dan for getting a pic of it, like what Rich said, I see it mostly in Bristol PA, near 413, and I-95. I could never get a pic of it, neat looking R Model Though. I am still guessing what kind of body this truck has on, it looks like a lube body, but it has giant tank in the rear. I also see a red International 4300 and small Cabover (I think a UD) box truck with the racing stripes on the side of it too.

The name on it was "bulk delivery" (I think?). It looked like a lube body with a few different compartments in the tank. I was thinking fleet fueling or home heating oil?

I found this company. Zoom in on Bing maps and you can see what appears to be a similar truck in the driveway.

BULK DELIVERY SERVICE

1618 MANNING BLVD

Levittown, PA 19057

Thats where they park it, I used to have a customer in that area..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

• 4 weeks later...

Philatruck i was the driver of that load.What was so nice about that setup was the trailer was 10' wide.Made loading those scrapers a real simple act,got to the point that I could do it by myself.In all the years we used that trailer the police never question us about the width.

What year was that Mike?

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Rich,the truck was a 1980 or 85, i will check on that for you.The year of the picture God only knows.We moved those scrapers around like they were kidde cars.It was nothing if we had a rain day on one job and another was able to work those TS-24's would be motoring down the road.The most I can recall moving at 1 time was 8-10,we had to move them about 15 miles.The farest I drove one was about 120 miles.We drove them from Philly to Baltimore.That was out rt 30 to York Pa then down 83 to the Maryland line,at that point we hired Joe Huck from Baltimore to haul them the rest of the way due to the MD state police.

• Like 1

Rich,the truck was a 1980 or 85, i will check on that for you.The year of the picture God only knows.We moved those scrapers around like they were kidde cars.It was nothing if we had a rain day on one job and another was able to work those TS-24's would be motoring down the road.The most I can recall moving at 1 time was 8-10,we had to move them about 15 miles.The farest I drove one was about 120 miles.We drove them from Philly to Baltimore.That was out rt 30 to York Pa then down 83 to the Maryland line,at that point we hired Joe Huck from Baltimore to haul them the rest of the way due to the MD state police.

I remember seeing the trucks running around the Del Val back then. I`m moving back to Bucks County in a month, we need to all get together for lunch one day..

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Philatruck i was the driver of that load.What was so nice about that setup was the trailer was 10' wide.Made loading those scrapers a real simple act,got to the point that I could do it by myself.In all the years we used that trailer the police never question us about the width.

What was the drivetrain in that truck?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...