Hello from British Columbia

Wayne Gentry

Hello to all! We picked up our B 61 from Montana, and drove her home this spring., We are converting her from a tandem gravel hauler, to a single flatdeck, to haul our camper, and sorry asses to warm weather south! Keeping the END 711, but swaping the 5 & 3 for a 15 RTO fuller. Adding a 3.90 rockwell on air bags, to speed her up and smooth the ride. We have stripped it to the frame, and my wife sandblasted the whole thing! She is going back together now. We are using 11 22.5 Michelin tires on Alcoa wheels. Has anyone used alum on the Mack front axel? we sure would like to know where to get the longer studs! We hope to be on the road south by the end of the month! Hope to see some more Macks along the way! Waynepost-11843-0-34291400-1349759491_thumb.jpg and Marilyn

1964 B 61 S 51118

Looks like your well on the way to a new Mack. Mine is under construction also at this time. I'm keeping it on the down low right now but it may change when I get further along. I've been wanting to put in an Allison 12 cylinder in mine but need some hood and body stretchers but the Mack Dealer said they were fresh out of them. Dang it my kind of luck.

Regards on your project.

mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...