I did it! Gooseneck with 310j backhoe... PICS!

tkobes43

Well guys i put my "Big Boy Panties" on and went for it. I took the backhoe from my new house and brought it to my old house to clean her up before we bring her back to Hertz! man that thing sure was f***ing heavy! But the truck pulled it like a champ. Worked a tad harder up hills. Engine temp reached 225 then the fan kicked on and brought her back down! Truck sounds great under a heavy load! I had a blast pulling it. Granted it was a 25 minute haul. But still it was fun. The trailer wasnt to happy at all. But it did its job!

heres the pics when we got to my old house.

DSC06059_zps3823eedc.jpg

DSC06060_zps4a3f9695.jpg

DSC06063_zpsb303c9eb.jpg

Hopefully ill make a video when we bring it back down to Fairfield, NJ!

Trailers on eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-40ft-Gooseneck-Flatbed-Trailer-Air-Ride-Suspension-/170917331630?forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

Thanks Guys

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Don't see any reason why that truck shouldn't have been able to handle that trailer & that load....looks good up on there, though. :thumb:

Trailer didnt really like it. Truck didnt mind at all. Just went easy on it. First "Big" haul with the trailer. Was a tad top heavy. But think im gonna sell the gooseneck and get a step deck.

Tom

Well guys i put my "Big Boy Panties" on and went for it. I took the backhoe from my new house and brought it to my old house to clean her up before we bring her back to Hertz! man that thing sure was f***ing heavy! But the truck pulled it like a champ. Worked a tad harder up hills. Engine temp reached 225 then the fan kicked on and brought her back down! Truck sounds great under a heavy load! I had a blast pulling it. Granted it was a 25 minute haul. But still it was fun. The trailer wasnt to happy at all. But it did its job!

heres the pics when we got to my old house.

DSC06059_zps3823eedc.jpg

DSC06060_zps4a3f9695.jpg

DSC06063_zpsb303c9eb.jpg

Hopefully ill make a video when we bring it back down to Fairfield, NJ!

Thanks Guys

Tom

Tom thats a nice looking International,glad everything went alright. two weeks ago i hooked up the old B61 to a lowboy and went to Mount Gilead, Ohio ( 240 miles one way) and picked up an 850 Case dozer with a backhoe, nice ride for the old dog, did a good job. Ron

Looks good. Is there a weight rating on your ramps? If not you might consider a wood block or some other support in the middle just for some added safety.

lol funny you say that. I actually bent them loading it on the trailer. I also noticed some floor boards i thought was solid was actually rotted!

Tom

https://www.facebook...ing?ref=tn_tnmn

We rented this piece of equipment from Hertz Equipment rental in Fairfield! I must say, Ive driven CAT backhoes before, but this John Deere WAY better then the CAT. I see a HUGE power advantage, much more comfortable to operate, really like the controls, Looks better then the CAT, and i think burns less fuel. In 1 week and 35 hours of use we used 1 and a half tanks. I don't think thats bad at all.

Tom

Tom, nice neighborhood you have there! When you get the new trailer. I might be able to send you some loads.

Thanks JT! Yea this trailer is great for more of a pick-up truck application. In the trucking world id beat the piss out of it if i kept it. More things would go wrong then having a heavier duty step deck w/ air brakes. I will keep you updated on the new trailer!!! Thanks a lot that would be great!!!

Tom

Thanks JT! Yea this trailer is great for more of a pick-up truck application. In the trucking world id beat the piss out of it if i kept it. More things would go wrong then having a heavier duty step deck w/ air brakes. I will keep you updated on the new trailer!!! Thanks a lot that would be great!!!

Tom

Added you to my fb page

Don't know what you generally use the trailer for, but one of the smaller Landoll trailers would be sweet with that tractor. They turn up at a decent price every great once in a while. Like a dumbass I recently passed on one pulled by a 99 GMC for $14k.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Don't know what you generally use the trailer for, but one of the smaller Landoll trailers would be sweet with that tractor. They turn up at a decent price every great once in a while. Like a dumbass I recently passed on one pulled by a 99 GMC for $14k.

Ive been eyeing out a few landolls, but dont you need a wet kit to operate it?

Tom

lol funny you say that. I actually bent them loading it on the trailer. I also noticed some floor boards i thought was solid was actually rotted!

Tom

Another thing to keep in mind with this set up is you only have a parking brake on your drive axle. If you park on a hill to load or unload, when the machine is at the rear of the trailer, you will be taking weight off the drive axle. That's a recipe for disaster.

Another thing to keep in mind with this set up is you only have a parking brake on your drive axle. If you park on a hill to load or unload, when the machine is at the rear of the trailer, you will be taking weight off the drive axle. That's a recipe for disaster.

Definatley where a traveling axle landoll comes in handy. Also you never really get stuck anywhere you can usually push yourself out. (usually)