I did it! Gooseneck with 310j backhoe... PICS!

tkobes43

Those 310J 4x4 cab backhoes weigh about 17500 the 310 SJ weighs in closer to 18500, we have hte SJ's at work you want to talk about a stout backhoe those things are crazy strong. I think the new J series Deere's are nicer than the old 416 Cat's but the new 420E series machines are SWEET! I gotta say it would be a tough call if I was bying a new backhoe it would be a Cat 420E or a Deere 310SJ, the Case doesnt even rate until you get to a 580Super N with pilot controls on the rear, they are close but to have the same power you would need a 590 Super N I believe, the new Case rear boom on the Nseries is tons better than the old ductile Iron boom but the 580's are short on Hyd power compared to the SJ and Cat, the Case 580 Super N is supposed to be equivalent to the SJ but its not as strong and the 310J is a little stronger than the 580 N but not as strong as the Super N. There B your new backhoe run down from somebody that works for a railroad that supposedly has or leases around 350 of em. I have 8 between Nashville and Chattanooga TN.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

All the smaller Landolls I have looked at had pony motors. Crank up the engine and the hydraulics do everything else, including the winch.

The ones I looked at were made for one ton to 2 1/2 ton trucks. Deck about 24 foot long and used for moving farm equipment by dealers. I'm not even sure they make them anymore.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!