Anyone on here from Australia?

1958 F.W.D.

So over the years I have made a few friends from Australia through my fire service contacts. They all came over here and traveled around the USA, and I helped them out by hooking them up with friends in the Philadelphia, Camden and other Fire Departments. The wife and I would love to go visit them and "Oz" as they call it, and last night I was screwing around just looking at airfare for me, the wife and the three ankle biters just for shits and giggles.....and about shit myself at the cost of airfare.....wow.....needless to say we aint going there for a LOOOONG time. Our friends are slightly irritated because it is so much cheaper for them to come here....????? Oh well, just venting.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

So over the years I have made a few friends from Australia through my fire service contacts. They all came over here and traveled around the USA, and I helped them out by hooking them up with friends in the Philadelphia, Camden and other Fire Departments. The wife and I would love to go visit them and "Oz" as they call it, and last night I was screwing around just looking at airfare for me, the wife and the three ankle biters just for shits and giggles.....and about shit myself at the cost of airfare.....wow.....needless to say we aint going there for a LOOOONG time. Our friends are slightly irritated because it is so much cheaper for them to come here....????? Oh well, just venting.

Talk about irony. I work for an airline, can fly there real cheap, but HATE flying..... lol.

But I googled it, and some ships are $5k for a 26 day trip across.

Plus they drive on the wrong side of the road, sit on the wrong side, and make you shift with your left hand... :)

I'll wait for the bridge. :)

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

Talk about irony. I work for an airline, can fly there real cheap, but HATE flying..... lol.

Plus they drive on the wrong side of the road, sit on the wrong side, and make you shift with your left hand... :)

CF, they said some of the best nights of their lives with their clothing on were the nights I set up fopr them to ride at 88/38 and 82/31.....lol although it wasnt the 70's/80's they still caught a lot of work!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

But I googled it, and some ships are $5k for a 26 day trip across.

You know, I don't think I could shift with my left hand :whistling:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

CF, they said some of the best nights of their lives with their clothing on were the nights I set up fopr them to ride at 88/38 and 82/31.....lol although it wasnt the 70's/80's they still caught a lot of work!!!!

No doubt. The "Boogie Down Bronx" is still jumping at times. I have a fireman friend in Melbourne who came across years ago when I worked in DCFD. Invited me down, but dread that long flight.

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

there are plenty of blokes from down under on here.

They are sleeping now.

They know how to run MACKs right. No DEP crapola to deal with like us

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

You know, I don't think I could shift with my left hand :whistling:

Ben

Don't be afraid Ben, I drove some right-hand cars with manual, and they had turn switch on different sides.

I had no problems with both and couldn't remember what a hand what I did. Just drove!

The most nice was Nissan pick-up with a steering column shifter :)

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I was over in Oregon for three weeks in May 2011, I would like to come back and do some touring on the east coast someday.

We drive on the RIGHT side in Australia.

Jeff.

It's the right hand side, but the still the WRONG side.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

By the chance clean me one thing gyus.

Here in Russia we say "right side drive".

It means I drive the road on a right side.

And vehicles in front of me going to me at left.

I understand it well.

We also say "right side steering" or "left s.s."

But what the hand?

And where I must to keep my hand (right or left?) to follow the road??

Vlad

We also say "right side steering" or "left s.s."

But what the hand?

And where I must to keep my hand (right or left?) to follow the road??

Vlad

In New Jersey we usually use both hands to flip off other drivers and steer with our knee.

Just have remembered, about hands.

"When you are driving with a nice chick near you and touching her lap by the hand you must to know that you're making bad BOTH things".

Vlad