Super Pipes

Ryan, do you think it will be ready for the show in Cookville, Tn by the end of this month?

mike

Im trying, I got under it today trying to finish the exhaust, I put a few more pieces inside and I went and picked up my tires so I should be ready to drive up there, it wont be real pretty but driveable. I am going to try to just spray the frame real quick and get everything in good roadworthy condition then go back thru it this winter and stretch the frame and do the paint on it right, I hsould have the exhaust finished right and the engine painted by the show I wont have new fenders on it then.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I almost lost it and sold the truck twice but they are done and an E9 sounds sweet thru 6" miters, I have someone coing to do some aluminum polishing next weekend so I can get other things done so it looks like I will make it to the ATHS show in Cookeville.

post-5240-0-09943600-1347241917_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have new door seals, mirrors, headlights, bumper, lug nut covers, center caps, vent visors, fenders, carpet, etc., etc., I wont get it done this year but I will show it off just the same Im proud of it just for what it is they are getting hard to find in decent shape.

Well I almost lost it and sold the truck twice but they are done and an E9 sounds sweet thru 6" miters, I have someone coing to do some aluminum polishing next weekend so I can get other things done so it looks like I will make it to the ATHS show in Cookeville.

you ever get pissed again and want to sell it,call me quick before you cool off.

Very Nice and glad i'll be able to talk to another Mack person. I hope Jim maynard will have his R-600 at the show.

mike

you ever get pissed again and want to sell it,call me quick before you cool off.

Ha, well I mouthed off and priced my last three Macks high thinking the other guy would balk but he handed me a check every time maybe my idea of high isnt high enough. I miss my 84 but this one has more potential and was alot cleaner than the other one when I got it so I guess I better keep walking away when I get frustrated so I dont price this one, although I guess I would let it go for a Million or so without too much thought.

Very Nice and glad i'll be able to talk to another Mack person. I hope Jim maynard will have his R-600 at the show.

mike

Well Mike I got my new mirrors on today, did a little painting on the frame, removed some old b.s. wiring from light installs in years past, and did some more buffing looks like I should make it to cookeville but the inside wont be presentable. I have a new front carpet that was in the sleeper when I got the truck but no rear and nobody has a rear blue carpet, Im gonna go see an upholstry guy I know here in Murfreesboro to see if he can match it if not I guess Ill get the factory rubber floor for it. I have to get some seats or have these re foamed/covered and fix the wall behind the drivers seat but Ill get her close enough for gov't work for this years show. I have to come so I can win the slow truck race again then Ill have two trophys from two superliners at the same show.

New Pics, well I got my polishing done today, I have a number for anyone in TN wanting someone to get theirs done. I have to finish waxing the other side put my badges and some lights back on, mount mudflaps and finish painting the frame and engine in 2 weeks for Cookeville.

post-5240-0-45697300-1347747106_thumb.jp

Oh and get my bumper on and my visor if it gets here the end of the week when scheduled, and put in my new carpet, finish my guage rings, and rest so I can drive up there I am not gonna be done without some help for sure.

Looking at the new vs. old pics it really looks like I have done something, I guess snice I am the one here messing with it I dont see it till I compare pics.

post-5240-0-98265500-1347747837_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-96107300-1347747858_thumb.jp

Jealous .... Now i need a super liner to go with my rs700l

there are several on Truck Paper and a few of them are great deals in my mind, no cheap V8 trucks though, I think if I get another one I am going for an E6/E7 so I can hot rod the hell out of it and if I burn it up I can actually afford to fix it.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3781067&

I see major potential in this one if I hadnt just bought mine and a house I would go get it in a heart beat, theyre asking $11500 offer $10500 cash and drive it home. I am absolutely sure that if your old lady says it has to go you can clean it up paint the frame and more than double your money on that truck.