Vinny's Dump Truck Service: )

umodelnut

Part 1:

I walk over to start the dump truck, so I put the keys in the ignition, and turn it over. Didnt start. I waited a couple seconds turn it over. Nothin. Turned it over again, and I knew she was floded. So I waited a few minutes a tried buty she wouldnt start for me. So I had Papa come over and it took him awhile but she started for him. So then, as you see in the second picture, I gotta back all the way down there which is easy, then turn down the road on the right there to get to the place where the stumps are. So I put her in reverse, let the clutch out, back out there, put the clutch in, put it in first, before it even got in first, DEAD. She quit on me. So I turned it over, nothin. Turned her over again, put my foot on the floor, and she fired up! Yes! So in the third picture you see I made it to my first destination. And the fourth picture, there she is again. Then I helped Papa grease the backhoe, and that picture shows how the backhoe fired right up for Papa....Then I hear trees falling and Papas already pushin trees down!

Next post will be part 2...

• Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Part 3:

The first picture is when I back down into Papas sand pit, to dump the stumps, and have Papa load me up with sand. USING JUST MIRRORS, yea SKILL. Then theres a picture of Papa loadin me up, then I see my doggy Duke, come down to the sand pit, and he always wants to ride in the dump, so I opened the passenger door, he puts his front paws up and I gotta lift him in. Hes pretty heavy. And then theres a picture of how he rides. Hes gotta be right on top of you so you cant shift, or steer very well. Then I dumped the load where the stumps were pulled, and took a picture of Papa spreadin it. Then I got the four wheeler and wagon to load wood.

• Like 1

Part 4:

The first picture is me waiting to be loaded, then a picture of the load, it was big. I was like Papa am I a little to over loaded with branches? He says nope, let me throw another stump on there. Then a picture of me on the road agian. Then a picture after I backed into the pit. I got a video uploadin now of me dumpin a load from inside the cab. Today I hauled 2 loads of tree parts, and two loads of sand. The old Ford did pretty good today. It quit again on me while I was loaded. Gets a slug of water once and awhile, and we put new fuel in it so all the rust in the tank got sturred up. The old Ford is cool, 1978 F350, 351 Winzer, 4 speed.

• Like 2

You call it skill to drive with just two mirrors? I have an old chevy work van that I use to store hay and grain for my goats and I back it down my driveway every day. For about 3 months, I only had 1 mirror because the passenger side one was messed up. I drove fine and never hit a single thing. Vinny, I think you and I are some of the best teenage drivers there is. We gotta keep up the good work.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Not that I am picking on your spelling but thats a Windsor engine for further reference.

You have better driving skills then some of the adults I know.

Thanks - I really, really wanted to correct the little shaver, but that looked like so much fun, I just could not bring myself to do it!

Hi, you're name is Vinny, how old? We never hear a lot about the good kids in the news, nice to know that there are still a lot out there who know what they are interested in and doing it, very cool. Attached, very old picture I found of my first truck I bought when I was 18, 1952 Dodge dump with a big Chrysler industial engine in it and air brakes.Paul

• Like 1

RONCETTI

Hi, you're name is Vinny, how old? We never hear a lot about the good kids in the news, nice to know that there are still a lot out there who know what they are interested in and doing it, very cool. Attached, very old picture I found of my first truck I bought when I was 18, 1952 Dodge dump with a big Chrysler industial engine in it and air brakes.Paul

Yep, Im Vinny, and Im 12. That old Dodge looks sweet! My first truck is a 1955 Dodge C3 stepside pickup. Its registered as a 52' for some reason though.

WOW Stay focused Vinny. I am actually a Tool & Die Designer and also a Toolmaker by trade. I was in the trucking business 45 years ago and I am just collecting a few vintage ones now as you never really get away from trucks when its in you're blood. I am under a lot of pressure running my machine shop so trucks help to forget the day to day problems. Again, stay focused and always have another secondary choice in life to fall back on. Best Regards, Paul

RONCETTI

Hey Paul, :WELCOME: I'm Ben. I'm 14 and I've been a member here for a while and I share this account with my dad, Tim. We're totally obsessed with anything that has to do with Two Stroke Detroit Diesels.

And this is how I roll:

post-10909-0-48199600-1346720461_thumb.j

That's me almost every day.

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j