Photographs of the Week

other dog

with the usual gripping descriptions...

followed this smoking Mack up 501 Monday. Could've been a U-model...but it was probably a DM.

The golden dome of the state capital building, Charleston, W.V.

A girl in a carpost-1374-0-42300800-1341054886_thumb.jp

A dog in a truck. This is just east of Montvale, Va. where the eastbound side of 460 has been closed for weeks. A tanker tipped over in the "S" curves and spilled diesel fuel and gasoline, and they're digging up all the contaminated dirt.

A bad picture of an unidentified log truck going the other direction. Got a pretty good shot of my mirror though.

A nice looking Mack dump with an offset cab in the mirror. Could be a U-model, but it's probably a DM.

same truck not in the mirror

another dog in another truck

Another girl in another carpost-1374-0-78442800-1341055400_thumb.jp

A bright red bridge

The National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank,W.V. I think they listen to the alien's conversations here to see if they're sending secret messages to randyp.

closer look-

I got behind this moron on rt. 92 in W.V. You'd think maybe he'd pull over and let me by, but noooo, I had to follow his ass all the way over that hill at about 3.2 mph.

The Westvaco woodyard in Rupert,W.V. that Burns hauls wood to the paper mill in Covinton from.

Burns' trailers loaded.

A beautiful load of posts I picked up in Bartow, W.V.

It was hot this week too

...then it got hotter

...and it doesn't look like it's gonna get much cooler until Wednesday.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Nice shot of the WV capitol building. I only see it at night, but it looks good in the dark also.

Love the leg shots but for some reason, I associate a cell phone on a girl's lap with texting which ticks me off. I'm really becoming a cranky old fart.

Dickheads on bicycles who think sharing the road=hogging the road piss me off more than girls with awesome legs and phones on their laps.

Any VIN numbers on the DM's?

• Like 1

Jim

That red bridge is that the one you see off of 68 in Md?

that was off of 219 and 55 I think. I left Amma W.V. and went to Bartow, and instead of going up to exit 99 and taking 33 over to Elkins and 250 back down to Bartow like I had good sense, I went across 82,20, and 15 over to 219 and 55 north to 250. Roads weren't bad except for 82, it was about a truck and a half wide and crooked as a dog's leg, 15 was plenty wide but crossed some big mountains.

that was off of 219 and 55 I think. I left Amma W.V. and went to Bartow, and instead of going up to exit 99 and taking 33 over to Elkins and 250 back down to Bartow like I had good sense, I went across 82,20, and 15 over to 219 and 55 north to 250. Roads weren't bad except for 82, it was about a truck and a half wide and crooked as a dog's leg, 15 was plenty wide but crossed some big mountains.

You had a good sense of adventure. I enjoyed travelling some of those roads when I was with Shuster's, but only under the following conditions:

Clear day.

Dry roads.

Light load.

Don't need to be anywhere in a hurry.

Pee'd and pooped at my last stop.

Truck will stop when I need it to and go when I want it to.

Somewhere to pee and poop along the way.

I get to see some awesome scenery that many Americans feel they need to travel outside the country to see.

I don't encounter local truckers that like to run these roads as if they were interstates.

I'm confident that I didn't make a terrible mistake by going that way.

As you can see, I'm very adventurous myself.

Jim

I like Australian DM too much!

Needed some tens seconds to understand that something was wrong.

I also like to see roads, during the trip for the best.

Can say, the roads look mostly the same in the area I live, maybe less hills.

And less Macks.

Damn, NO Macks!

So thank you for the report.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hey Tom..... I had to show the g/f this photo of the bicyclist on th roadway. No reply....... Her brother is one and his friends.....Drs., Lawyers, Bankers, etc. etc. and I told one that I was lobbying to ban them off the roadways. And they should have to buy license and stickers with permits to ride. I loose friends this way.

mike

Theres a great little Italian restaurant in downtown Charleston,WVA.can't think of its name,its a tiny little place that makes the best spaghetti i've had outside of homemade. Its noteable because of all the famous people that have visited there over the years,i think all the presidents from JFK (i sat at the Ronald Reagan table) till present,celebrities etc. The time i ate there,i was told spaghetti and MEATBALL was the specialty,so when the waitress came to take my order,i said "meatBALL?" now i'm a big boy,i can usually eat more than one meatball,she says "fine,how many would you like"? at least 3 or 4 says me,"ok,suit yourself" says her,a few minutes later she comes back with a delicious plate of pasta,and 3 meatball(S) the size of softballs/small cannonballs!!!!!!! these things were ENORMOUS! the locals got a good laugh at the yankee's expense!............long story short,i enjoyed meatball sammmiches for days after my visit! i wonder if its still there? i always try to seek out little local places to eat while on the road,some of the best meals i've had have been from "mom and pop" joints,problem is there getting fewer everyday!.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I like Australian DM too much!

Needed some tens seconds to understand that something was wrong.

I also like to see roads, during the trip for the best.

Can say, the roads look mostly the same in the area I live, maybe less hills.

And less Macks.

Damn, NO Macks!

So thank you for the report.

you're very welcome Vlad, and thank you for thanking me!