Farmers Daughters

72U685ST

Oh man, guess I missed something?

Welcome to the real world, women will never be understood and you'll never do anything "right" again once you get involved with them.

ahhh, but the farmers daughter.............well, you get the picture............

the-farmers-daughter-the-farmer-s-d.jpg

One thing: That's seriously a sissy-lala tractor.

She needs to pose with something like this:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

mmmmmmmm farmers daughters.......Back in 1993, I was a paid staffer for the American Red Cross in Philadelphia, where I lived in a typical Philly-style rowhouse, 15' wide by 45' deep, 40 on one side of the block, 40 on the other side, 80 houses total on one city block.

I was part of the DSHR (disaster services human resources) and was sent to the mid-west for the floods in 1993. I spent about 2.5 weeks in a little town about 50 miles north of Kansas City Mo, running a disaster supplies/food warehouse operation. Holed up in a hotel with a small restaurant next door- the only food for 20 miles. Spent a lot of time in there and got to know this one waitress.......For the sake of protecting young Vincent's "pure-as-the-driven-snow-ivory-soap-white innocence" I will refrain from further detail. I assume she was a farmers daughter, she took me to the house one evening, and when I said how much land do you have, she said "see the horizon"? I said ya....she said "and then some." So farmers daughter got all interested in the City Boy, and bodily fluids errrr ahhhh I mean addresses were exchanged and after I went home, she came for a visit...Wanted to see the big city....Well when she saw that the combined amount of grass of all the front yards on my block equated to 1/2 of her front yard, she got a little depressed....She stayed her four days and went back to Mo.....never to be heard from again.

But the memories are good!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

mmmmmmmm farmers daughters.......Back in 1993, I was a paid staffer for the American Red Cross in Philadelphia, where I lived in a typical Philly-style rowhouse, 15' wide by 45' deep, 40 on one side of the block, 40 on the other side, 80 houses total on one city block.

I was part of the DSHR (disaster services human resources) and was sent to the mid-west for the floods in 1993. I spent about 2.5 weeks in a little town about 50 miles north of Kansas City Mo, running a disaster supplies/food warehouse operation. Holed up in a hotel with a small restaurant next door- the only food for 20 miles. Spent a lot of time in there and got to know this one waitress.......For the sake of protecting young Vincent's "pure-as-the-driven-snow-ivory-soap-white innocence" I will refrain from further detail. I assume she was a farmers daughter, she took me to the house one evening, and when I said how much land do you have, she said "see the horizon"? I said ya....she said "and then some." So farmers daughter got all interested in the City Boy, and bodily fluids errrr ahhhh I mean addresses were exchanged and after I went home, she came for a visit...Wanted to see the big city....Well when she saw that the combined amount of grass of all the front yards on my block equated to 1/2 of her front yard, she got a little depressed....She stayed her four days and went back to Mo.....never to be heard from again.

:clap: Great story! I'm with the girl though, I absolutely HATE the city. My grandparents live in Pittsburgh, and when I visit, I can't wait to get out of there.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

In '93 I was in a damn johnboat unhooking electric lines that were only 6 feet off the flood water and shooting floating propane tanks while you were doing what? This is not fair...........

In '93 I was in a damn johnboat unhooking electric lines that were only 6 feet off the flood water and shooting floating propane tanks while you were doing what? This is not fair...........

Hey I busted my ass during the day LOL!!!! (and some nights too as we ran 2 and then 3 shifts...) We took over a school district's bus repair garage and property. We were the mass care warehouse for about 10,000 folks in between KC and where we were located (name of town escapes me now.....) Wehad it all- food, drinks, essential living supplies and cleaning supplies. We supplied the foodstuffs to several area school kitchens where they cooked it and then people came in and ate there, or it was distributed aboard red cross vehicles as they drove through neighborhoods- three squares a day. We had 20+ 48' reefers that I had to have fuel and oil levels monitored constantly, I had three roll-backs that were the "loading docks" that myself and two other guys could operate.....Plus we had three Hertz rentals 28' straight vans that we loaded out every night, for deliveries the next morning. Very hard work but very satisfying, the people of the midwest from Rock Island, Il. to Des Moines Iowa to St Louis MO all were so greatful, I shook thousands of hands thanking me by people who lost everything. It was very humbling. Too bad there is so much bad politics in the Red Cross, I might still be working for them.

The moral of the story- I deserved the "R & R."

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Hey I busted my ass during the day LOL!!!! (and some nights too as we ran 2 and then 3 shifts...) We took over a school district's bus repair garage and property. We were the mass care warehouse for about 10,000 folks in between KC and where we were located (name of town escapes me now.....) Wehad it all- food, drinks, essential living supplies and cleaning supplies. We supplied the foodstuffs to several area school kitchens where they cooked it and then people came in and ate there, or it was distributed aboard red cross vehicles as they drove through neighborhoods- three squares a day. We had 20+ 48' reefers that I had to have fuel and oil levels monitored constantly, I had three roll-backs that were the "loading docks" that myself and two other guys could operate.....Plus we had three Hertz rentals 28' straight vans that we loaded out every night, for deliveries the next morning. Very hard work but very satisfying, the people of the midwest from Rock Island, Il. to Des Moines Iowa to St Louis MO all were so greatful, I shook thousands of hands thanking me by people who lost everything. It was very humbling. Too bad there is so much bad politics in the Red Cross, I might still be working for them.

The moral of the story- I deserved the "R & R."

That was a terrible flood - our county's southern boarder is the Missouri River and it sure destroyed the small towns and farms along it. Some relatives of mine had founded a small little farmer run bank back in the 1870's and it was destroyed in the flood and then a larger bank bought its assets, basically killing it. The flood was a good excuse for the older population to move to a bigger town, and the little towns just never rebuilt like before.

I bet you did a lot of good up there for a lot of my fellow Missourians, thanks for the service you gave!