Macungie ATCA Truck Show

leversole

Oh, my turn,If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about U models,(You shouldnt have any concerns LOL) I'm the one with the obsession of all things offset. Im the SIDWINDER kid. Come to me with anything.

This one kept falling out of the left side of his crib when he was a baby......

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Yep, were pretty nice, as long as you don't say you like peterbilts then we'll have to start yelling at you. :loldude:

I guess I'll keep that as my own secret...

P.S. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about Detroit Diesels, I'm the one with the obsession of all things Two-Stroke.

I should tell my brother in law. He is a Two Stroke fanatic. He believes everything with a motor should be two stroke.

The show was great. I am finally starting to recover. A very big Thank You to Doug, Daryll, Terry and your families and everyone else who put in so much work to make this year the best Macungie Truck Show ever. The weather helped too. It was great meeting those of you that I met and great to see old friends. We still don't have everything back in the pole barn yet. I had a 5" concrete floor put in the addition to my pole barn last monday and had to keep stuff out of there for a week. I did not want to load it up right away at the one week mark. Also my fathers MH sank part way into my septic tank so I had to dig that up. Oh and I bought a B70 at the show. Sorry Ben. I had wanted that truck for a long time. The first time I saw it was at Macungie in 2003, just after Tom Zacny bought it. It sad outside in a field for several years until his buddy Mark cut down the trees and polished up. Mark kept it in a car port at his house until I got it. When Tom died last year the truck was given to Tom's niece. That is who had it for sale at Macungie. The guy who was refered to as the owner was Mark. Mark's brother, Brian?, got the Orange and Black Glascow wrecker from Tom's collection after Tom died. I don't know if Mark got a truck or not, but he still has several of Tom's trucks sitting at his house. Tom had about 75 trucks. Mostly B model Macks. The big LJ Mack on the trail with the Brockway tow truck was also from Tom's collection. The truck was sold to me because I was friends with Tom and they thought he would be happy if I had it. I think this was a way to figure out a selling price since they did not accept my offer earlier in the year. Mark and Brian were nice enough to drop it off at my house on their way home.

As for the Superliners with V8's in them, I heard kept having touble with them when they first came out. They had to get the front ends repair because they kept running into the backends of other trucks going up hills.

Mike

Oh and I bought a B70 at the show. Sorry Ben. I had wanted that truck for a long time. The first time I saw it was at Macungie in 2003, just after Tom Zacny bought it. It sad outside in a field for several years until his buddy Mark cut down the trees and polished up. Mark kept it in a car port at his house until I got it. When Tom died last year the truck was given to Tom's niece. That is who had it for sale at Macungie. The guy who was refered to as the owner was Mark. Mark's brother, Brian?, got the Orange and Black Glascow wrecker from Tom's collection after Tom died. I don't know if Mark got a truck or not, but he still has several of Tom's trucks sitting at his house. Tom had about 75 trucks. Mostly B model Macks. The big LJ Mack on the trail with the Brockway tow truck was also from Tom's collection. The truck was sold to me because I was friends with Tom and they thought he would be happy if I had it. I think this was a way to figure out a selling price since they did not accept my offer earlier in the year. Mark and Brian were nice enough to drop it off at my house on their way home.

Mike

Okay, well at least I know that it went to a good home where it is appreciated and will be well cared for.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

The show was great. I am finally starting to recover. A very big Thank You to Doug, Daryll, Terry and your families and everyone else who put in so much work to make this year the best Macungie Truck Show ever. The weather helped too. It was great meeting those of you that I met and great to see old friends. We still don't have everything back in the pole barn yet. I had a 5" concrete floor put in the addition to my pole barn last monday and had to keep stuff out of there for a week. I did not want to load it up right away at the one week mark. Also my fathers MH sank part way into my septic tank so I had to dig that up. Oh and I bought a B70 at the show. Sorry Ben. I had wanted that truck for a long time. The first time I saw it was at Macungie in 2003, just after Tom Zacny bought it. It sad outside in a field for several years until his buddy Mark cut down the trees and polished up. Mark kept it in a car port at his house until I got it. When Tom died last year the truck was given to Tom's niece. That is who had it for sale at Macungie. The guy who was refered to as the owner was Mark. Mark's brother, Brian?, got the Orange and Black Glascow wrecker from Tom's collection after Tom died. I don't know if Mark got a truck or not, but he still has several of Tom's trucks sitting at his house. Tom had about 75 trucks. Mostly B model Macks. The big LJ Mack on the trail with the Brockway tow truck was also from Tom's collection. The truck was sold to me because I was friends with Tom and they thought he would be happy if I had it. I think this was a way to figure out a selling price since they did not accept my offer earlier in the year. Mark and Brian were nice enough to drop it off at my house on their way home.

As for the Superliners with V8's in them, I heard kept having touble with them when they first came out. They had to get the front ends repair because they kept running into the backends of other trucks going up hills.

Mike

Wait, Mike, so you bought the B70, Im glad it went to a good home, and you got that sweet LJ? Man that thing was in beautiful shape!! I woulda had that.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Do you know if they have an other wreckers they were selling? I got pics of the Brockway and the Orange B wrecker at the show. Heck I think I took pictures of every tow truck there.

As you can guess I am a tow truck enthusiast. I'd love to get a nice single axle unit.

Do you know if they have an other wreckers they were selling? I got pics of the Brockway and the Orange B wrecker at the show. Heck I think I took pictures of every tow truck there.

As you can guess I am a tow truck enthusiast. I'd love to get a nice single axle unit.

What about that B42 on Craigslist you were talking about? Did you call him?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

What about that B42 on Craigslist you were talking about? Did you call him?

I contacted the seller, just waiting to hear back. Still have to keep my options open. I am also looking to buy a rollback flatbed with a wheel lift for actual use, not just a toy.

Sorry to get off topic... back to the Macungie Show with you in the studio live at 5 with weather on the 8's...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think you posted this in the wrong Macungie post. This one was from 2012.

You're right for shure.

I haven't noted it before though until I found Olivetroat's post here.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012