Oops....

RowdyRebel

Why are we happy to see someone with that toy crash it?

Because we're a bunch of sick bastards. It would have the icing on the cake if he had a PBO sticker on the back. Being Chicago, maybe it was Bill Ayers or Rev. Wright. Or Blogo before he reported to the big house.

• Like 1

Because we're a bunch of sick bastards. It would have the icing on the cake if he had a PBO sticker on the back. Being Chicago, maybe it was Bill Ayers or Rev. Wright. Or Blogo before he reported to the big house.

LOL, LOL, way to tell it like it is, David.

mike

I read yesterday where your main man Barry went to "church" at Rev. Wright's joint for 20 years. And we are supposed to believe that he did not drink the Kool Aid while he was there?

When I was younger (still in high screwl), I used to aspire to own a Lamborghini some day. Then my grandma read in the newspaper about a car dealership a little ways away that had some "exotic" cars...one of which was a Diablo....and I musta been a good kid back then, because she took me out there to see it up close & in person. The salesmen were cool...even let me (15 at the time...learners permit in hand) sit behind the wheel of it on their showroom floor.

It was then that I realized I could never drive one....even if I won the lottery and had the money to buy one, I couldn't drive it. You see, my right foot covered up all 3 pedals at the same time. Neither leg could be fully extended, and it was worse with my left leg, which was further limited by the wheel well. It was a good thing the steering wheel was rather small, because it was wedged between my knees. The center console was high & in the way...had to tuck my elbow into my rib cage to get my hand on the shifter. Even with the door wide open, I felt like a sardine squished in that seat.

It was a $275,000 piece of crap this 15 year old child was already too big to fit inside. Damn...that was more than half my life ago...and I've only gotten bigger & less flexible since then. I don't know if I could even get into the seat anymore....such a tight squeeze back then and all.

Give me an old pickup truck any day...plenty of room to stretch out & be comfortable. Ugly as sin, but reliable as an old dog...and if anything major happens to it, it can be replaced for less than a month's savings. :twothumbsup:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

and if anything major happens to it, it can be replaced for less than a month's savings. :twothumbsup:

I am leaning more and more that direction the older I get. I don't think I will ever buy another new vehicle. I bought a new Dodge pickup in '04 and the wife a new van in '06 and while nice, I should have let someone else take the first depreciation hit. Funny how fast the new wears off and you once again are every week cleaning out the crayons, kids toys, and junk. I refuse to pay ever again that kind of money or have such a high long term loan for something that's clock is just ticking until it quits.

I have no statistics to back it up, but with the cost of cars today, they have to represent a lot higher percentage of a yearly income than they used to.

• Like 2

I am leaning more and more that direction the older I get. I don't think I will ever buy another new vehicle. I bought a new Dodge pickup in '04 and the wife a new van in '06 and while nice, I should have let someone else take the first depreciation hit. Funny how fast the new wears off and you once again are every week cleaning out the crayons, kids toys, and junk. I refuse to pay ever again that kind of money or have such a high long term loan for something that's clock is just ticking until it quits.

I have no statistics to back it up, but with the cost of cars today, they have to represent a lot higher percentage of a yearly income than they used to.

I agree Olive. Wish I had summa that money back i spent on cars as a younger dummer man. It is true, as we age, we get wiser,,,,randyp

When I was younger (still in high screwl), I used to aspire to own a Lamborghini some day. Then my grandma read in the newspaper about a car dealership a little ways away that had some "exotic" cars...one of which was a Diablo....and I musta been a good kid back then, because she took me out there to see it up close & in person. The salesmen were cool...even let me (15 at the time...learners permit in hand) sit behind the wheel of it on their showroom floor.

It was then that I realized I could never drive one....even if I won the lottery and had the money to buy one, I couldn't drive it. You see, my right foot covered up all 3 pedals at the same time. Neither leg could be fully extended, and it was worse with my left leg, which was further limited by the wheel well. It was a good thing the steering wheel was rather small, because it was wedged between my knees. The center console was high & in the way...had to tuck my elbow into my rib cage to get my hand on the shifter. Even with the door wide open, I felt like a sardine squished in that seat.

It was a $275,000 piece of crap this 15 year old child was already too big to fit inside. Damn...that was more than half my life ago...and I've only gotten bigger & less flexible since then. I don't know if I could even get into the seat anymore....such a tight squeeze back then and all.

Give me an old pickup truck any day...plenty of room to stretch out & be comfortable. Ugly as sin, but reliable as an old dog...and if anything major happens to it, it can be replaced for less than a month's savings. :twothumbsup:

Those cars are made for midgets.

My brother knew a kid in college that came from a rich Norwegian shipping family and who also made a few million bucks with some kind of video game thing he did. He owned a Lamborghini, the Dodge Ram with the viper engine (with a $20k sound system) and a Dodge viper. He was willing to let my brother drive it around the complex where he lived but my brother being 6'4" had trouble just getting into the car. Once in the seat he couldn't press the pedals without his knees getting hung up on the dash board. He didn't go anywhere and jut got out.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!