Connecticut Construction Trucks

RD 700 and Brockway from Paul J Buccheri. Brockway pic taken by John Hoppes. Would love to know where the Mack is now.

Man oh man, that is a tough looking pair of tractors.

Thanks for sharing

Rick

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Whos truck was that?

That would be Baier Construction from Airport Rd in Hartford. Charlie Baier was a partner in Raymond Construction which was a sub of American Construction and he went into his own in the late 1970's. Our yard in Bloomfield is where the office was moved to. That is where they are still. Bridge and dam builders.

• Like 1

I know you guys have seen this truck in my gallery but couldn't help myselfattachicon.gifimage0-009.jpg1984 RD 350 12 speed 12x24 rubberattachicon.gifimage0-008.jpg

Started driving this truck in Feb. of 1985 at 20 years oldattachicon.gifimage0-011.jpgPulled a 50 ton Rogers lowbed with it. Lot of great memories with this truck.

Just in case I forget when I get my Likes back:

I LIKE IT!

• Like 1

Jim

Thanks Jim, First new truck I drove and thought I was king sh## at 20 hauling heavy equipment and bridge beams and boom sections around Conn.

Thanks Rob, In 1993 the truck got traded for a new CH with a 400 and 13 speed and I could have bought it for 10,000 and wish I did to this day. Springfield Mack sold it to a company called mountain top Construction and I've been looking for it since then. I would redo it to original conditionattachicon.gifimage0-016.jpg

Theres a company Mountain Top Trucking located at the top of RT 8 in Winsted,CT

I go to mountain top quite a bit and I haven't seen that Mack at any of his yards, unless it's deep in hiding. He is not one to take care of anything thoughts so I can see how it could be gone at this point. He uses all paccar now for the business.