Connecticut Construction Trucks

They have more than 40 wreckers for 3 guys to drive. Snow/Rain trucks and Sunny day trucks. They kept most of the trucks they bought.

He said a girl c

CT allows $275hr for a regular heavy duty wrecker never mind a crane or rotator. He remembers that one.ut off the truck and turned herself in the next day because it contaminated the towns water supply. Sunoco rolled one getting off Exit-8 and the bill was $28K without environmental

10-4 on the well. final bill on that one was big 7 figures! I think there were 7 municipal wells in that wetland. Miracle there was no fire- One bit of collateral damage- about 3 days after, clean up contractor was delivering stone with a beautiful Superliner pulling trailer dump-you guessed it-dump went over and nailed the cab-miracle driver wasn't killed.

Bob- He was also telling me how one of the single drop grocery trailers loaded with motor oil lost and axle on the Cross Bronx. None of the towing companies wanted anything to do with it so him and the other guy went down and jacked the trailer up and got the axle back under it then chained the axle in so it wouldn't move. that was after about 7 or 8hrs of jacking and pushing and pulling. The 2 sister to the trailer both broke in half in North Haven by the drop. he said they use to overload them

Hah-not sure if I remember that one- I only was involved with the "other side" fleet from sometime in 90 to end of 93.

Wow, nice little pup! Marlboro was the first big truck show I attended. I drove 6 hours one way in my 1986 Buick Grand National. What a trip.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Who is the woman from Cape Cod that does that fantastic lettering and her cranberry curl? I love that style. I will post pics of my new logo Glenn did for me.

Cheers, Rob

There was a guy on the Cape Al Saniuta i believe? He did a lot of lettering all over New England. There was another guy Junior from Mass or so? he lettered a few guys trucks down here. He does very nice drawings also

There was a guy on the Cape Al Saniuta i believe? He did a lot of lettering all over New England. There was another guy Junior from Mass or so? he lettered a few guys trucks down here. He does very nice drawings also

I just like that style with a lot of gold leaf and bold pinstripes. Coach work style.

Junior did the lettering and air brush work on some garbage trucks in Danbury. It was a while ago, but it was very good.

Did a scene from the Great Danbury state Fair

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Before moving to New England in the 70's I believe, Al Saniuta had a shop in Kearny NJ on Devon Terrace or Tappen St. He lettered a lot of local trucks including 2 wreckers and a pickup for my uncle. He did great work. I remember watching him letter and stripe my uncle's pickup from across the street because he didnt want anyone close by while he worked. I was mesmerized by his artestry and impressed by his signature and phone number mixed in with the striping.

Before moving to New England in the 70's I believe, Al Saniuta had a shop in Kearny NJ on Devon Terrace or Tappen St. He lettered a lot of local trucks including 2 wreckers and a pickup for my uncle. He did great work. I remember watching him letter and stripe my uncle's pickup from across the street because he didnt want anyone close by while he worked. I was mesmerized by his artestry and impressed by his signature and phone number mixed in with the striping.

I know who that guy is. He used to come back down a couple of times a year to letter stuff in Bergen and Rockland county. In fact he used to letter Bob Rayots Tire service trucks. I remember the style and his name and number hidden on the trucks. I will find out the name of the woman in Cape Cod area whose work is really good.

Cheers, Rob

Karn Souza Cranberry Signcraft. I just found her website.

He was from my home town (kearny nj) he did all of LJ Kennedy's trucks as well as any truck in kearny! He was good and I did like the way he would put his name and # into his work! I saw him letter one of John Hyde's truck's from kearny years back. There was also a guy frome So Plainfield by the name of RT Jackson that lettered a couple of trucks for me back in the early 70's he was also good

BULLHUSK

He was from my home town (kearny nj) he did all of LJ Kennedy's trucks as well as any truck in kearny! He was good and I did like the way he would put his name and # into his work! I saw him letter one of John Hyde's truck's from kearny years back. There was also a guy frome So Plainfield by the name of RT Jackson that lettered a couple of trucks for me back in the early 70's he was also good

BULLHUSK

My original letterer was the Hammer from Wanaque, NJ. He was a scroll striper. He moved his shop to Paterson and then moved to North Carolina. Another guy I has was in Callicoon, NY (as in town of Delaware) can't think of his name now. He did the striping and lettering of my International in those pics from Englishtown.

Cheers, Rob

Guy in South Jersey Ed Wisnewski (sp?) went by "Wiski" he did all my dads trucks,and later on all mine,he did a whole lot of dumptrucks in SJ too,really beautiful work,all done by hand,long before "vinyl" or computers came out! sadly he's been gone for a long time,hand lettering and free-hand pinstiping are becoming a "lost art" like "real" gold-leaf on fire trucks.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Guy in South Jersey Ed Wisnewski (sp?) went by "Wiski" he did all my dads trucks,and later on all mine,he did a whole lot of dumptrucks in SJ too,really beautiful work,all done by hand,long before "vinyl" or computers came out! sadly he's been gone for a long time,hand lettering and free-hand pinstiping are becoming a "lost art" like "real" gold-leaf on fire trucks.......................................Mark

That's why Glenn Designs from Edison is doing my work now. I was doing a lot of vinyl but I want to go back to old school. He is really good and a lot of guys use him. He does very little vinyl.