Another U-model?

other dog

Could be- check it out.

Looks like the truck in the left-center of the picture could well indeed be a U-model. I'd never even noticed it before, just saw it when I biggerized my pictures on the computer. It's a hard spot to look much because the only place you can see down there is when you're on the ramp getting onto 60 from 220 just before you get on I-64 and it's a very short merge area too, so you have to be looking at things besides U-models there.

Here's some more pictures...none are of U-models however.

This looks like a Superliner in the mirror-

Yes Olive, he was coming to get me.

This looks like a Superliner coming out of the chip mill on rt. 15 north of Dillwyn.

Saw a lot of Superliners this week- too bad Vinny's not Superliner nut, I could get pictures much easier.

This looks like a red dump truck fueling at the Go-Mart in Fairplain, W.V.

Clearing an accident on I-77 in West Virginia. They're unloading whatever was in the mashed van into another trailer. I don't know what happened. This was Monday afternoon and the accident happened around 3 or 4 am, according to the citizen's band radio news. All the northbound traffic was detoured around it while they cleared it. I only saw 2 trucks, this one and a Swift sitting just ahead of it with the front end of it torn up, but I also heard on the citizen's band radio news that 5 or 6 trucks were involved.

I took this picture the next day, looks like at least one went through the guard rail and down over the bank.

So even when scouting for U-models you have to pay attention to everything else.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Does that Superliner has a single axle? I don"t think I've ever seen that. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Swing wide i'm Fing turning

swift backwards. two Fags in a White Semi.

Sure wish I finished training.

A couple more for the record.............."See Werner,i'm fast too"

"Sure wish i'da' faster truck".............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Back when I was an Operator for Hardrives paving most of there dump trailer tractors where single axle Superdogs. Ed they still got them running around? They seem to be up more in your neck of the woods now then down by me

Could be- check it out.

Looks like the truck in the left-center of the picture could well indeed be a U-model. I'd never even noticed it before, just saw it when I biggerized my pictures on the computer. It's a hard spot to look much because the only place you can see down there is when you're on the ramp getting onto 60 from 220 just before you get on I-64 and it's a very short merge area too, so you have to be looking at things besides U-models there.

Here's some more pictures...none are of U-models however.

This looks like a Superliner in the mirror-

Yes Olive, he was coming to get me.

This looks like a Superliner coming out of the chip mill on rt. 15 north of Dillwyn.

Saw a lot of Superliners this week- too bad Vinny's not Superliner nut, I could get pictures much easier.

This looks like a red dump truck fueling at the Go-Mart in Fairplain, W.V.

Clearing an accident on I-77 in West Virginia. They're unloading whatever was in the mashed van into another trailer. I don't know what happened. This was Monday afternoon and the accident happened around 3 or 4 am, according to the citizen's band radio news. All the northbound traffic was detoured around it while they cleared it. I only saw 2 trucks, this one and a Swift sitting just ahead of it with the front end of it torn up, but I also heard on the citizen's band radio news that 5 or 6 trucks were involved.

I took this picture the next day, looks like at least one went through the guard rail and down over the bank.

So even when scouting for U-models you have to pay attention to everything else.

Ya, I think there is two Sidewinders over there hiding in the bushes.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Bob Theimer, long since deceased use to have a single axle superdog he pulled his camper with the the aths shows years ago. got sold at his auction. have never seen it around or know who ended up with it. I know he made his out of a tandem. cant be too many single axles made was there? Mike would know...

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg