Got Some More Stuff Done on my U model:

And we got that engine cover thing out of the cab.

thats called a dog house babba,,,you will be in them,,,alott,,,when your older,lololol,,,good progress i need to start on mine,,any time now,,,had it 18 years,,and not even registered yet....bob

thats called a dog house babba,,,you will be in them,,,alott,,,when your older,lololol,,,good progress i need to start on mine,,any time now,,,had it 18 years,,and not even registered yet....bob

Oh, Ok, I always wondered what a dog house was, you gotta post pictures of when you start on your DM Bob. Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Heres my tool box, Papa's hack saw and my rachet. A rachet is my favorite tool.

Ahhh, I see you favor a toolbox full of future busted knuckles. Don't put too much force upon them or you WILL find out what I'm talking about.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ahhh, I see you favor a toolbox full of future busted knuckles. Don't put too much force upon them or you WILL find out what I'm talking about.

Uncle Rob

Papa was just talking about busted nuckles and cut up hands today. He says I should wear gloves or I might get arthrites some day.

Heres the drivers side hood hinge.

That's actually the LATCH, not the hinge. The hinge is the part where the hood pivots(kinda like the doors on a house). Those spring latches hold the hood down(not like it could fly up since it opens forward).

Remember when using a rachet(or any wrench), to look in the immediate area to what you could bang your knuckles on. Guarantee you will slip and hit that exact spot no matter how careful you are and how straight you have the wrench.

I can still remember back about 10-12 yrs ago, I was working in the front fenderwell of my race car. Using a 3/8" rachet trying to get a bolt loose. I was pulling TOWARDS my face as I leaned in the fenderwell. (remember that statement above?). I slipped and sucker punched myself in the face with my own fist(holding the rachet). Dammit. It's not "IF", but "WHEN" it will happen. Just a word to the wise.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That's actually the LATCH, not the hinge. The hinge is the part where the hood pivots(kinda like the doors on a house). Those spring latches hold the hood down(not like it could fly up since it opens forward).

Remember when using a rachet(or any wrench), to look in the immediate area to what you could bang your knuckles on. Guarantee you will slip and hit that exact spot no matter how careful you are and how straight you have the wrench.

I can still remember back about 10-12 yrs ago, I was working in the front fenderwell of my race car. Using a 3/8" rachet trying to get a bolt loose. I was pulling TOWARDS my face as I leaned in the fenderwell. (remember that statement above?). I slipped and sucker punched myself in the face with my own fist(holding the rachet). Dammit. It's not "IF", but "WHEN" it will happen. Just a word to the wise.

Oh OK. Ive hit my fingers on stuff using tools alot.

you know,,,every friggen time i use a razor blade to cut something,,,i always manage to cut my fingers first no matter how carefull i am,,,anymore i just carry out bandaids with me before i start.woohoo.bob