Allis Chalmers WD45 - Olivetroad Auction Action 4/27/2012

Olivetroad

Friday I went to an auction and I picked up this Allis Chalmers WD45 - I can't seem to find the serial number - does anyone remember where it is? I thought it was stamped on the rear end, but I can't find it.

post-6658-0-99986300-1335729281_thumb.jp

Check out the shutters: post-6658-0-45658600-1335729291_thumb.jp post-6658-0-84514700-1335729327_thumb.jp

I also bought a Finn straw blower painted up like a John Deere. The local municipality that had it installed a new 80 hp Deutz diesel on it, replaced all the bearings and belts, painted it, and then parked it for 6 years. Makes no sense - I hope if I install new batteries and drain the gunk from the tank it will run.

post-6658-0-00891000-1335729423_thumb.jp

I bought this trailer online, when I went to pick it up it had a flat tire - bad!

But it had in the bed a boring machine and augers for boring under a road - Good!

post-6658-0-12882100-1335729410_thumb.jp post-6658-0-33817200-1335729436_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Left side on the back of the diff. Paul

post-3242-0-39258200-1335732545_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Left side on the back of the diff. Paul

post-3242-0-39258200-1335732545_thumb.jp

Paul - Thanks for the info. I wire brushed and scraped the paint and then I wire brushed and scraped the paint and then I wire brushed and scraped the paint......you get the idea.........

I found out it was serial number WD11488 which Tractordata.com shows makes it a 1949 model - I thought those shutters made it an early one. So someone cheated with the decals or used a WD45 hood on it - it is only a WD not a WD45.

Everthing else and all was really neat Olive, but the last pic was really "boring",,,,cha ching! heh heh,,,sometimes I scare myself! randyp

That's okay Randy - you might as well just get in line and scare yourself when it is your turn, a little texas birdie told me that everyone down there runs scared around you anyway!

I am sorry I am such a bore............

I've had some interesting times behind the wheel of my late uncles WD45. He would even let me run it on Sunday if I asked. That was rare for anyone to start a tractor on Sunday back then. I'm talkin around 1960, 61 and 62. He passed in 1963 and the tractor went to his son-in law in which I worked for in the summer months. Well no more fun with that tractor when him and his son obtained it.

I later found the Super M Farmall is my favorite and have two stored.

mike

Really cool Ali Chalmers. Instead of putting a dumpbox on Jockos old B you bought, you could haul that tractor around on a trailer. Or put a deck on the frame with ramps and haul the tractor on the back, or put the dump box on and haul the tractor around with a pintle hook trailer. My great grandma had an old Allis Chalmers in the old shed behind the house, she sold it like a year or 2 ago. Would you guys like a picture, I know where one is. Well I'll post it anyways.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I've had some interesting times behind the wheel of my late uncles WD45. He would even let me run it on Sunday if I asked. That was rare for anyone to start a tractor on Sunday back then. I'm talkin around 1960, 61 and 62. He passed in 1963 and the tractor went to his son-in law in which I worked for in the summer months. Well no more fun with that tractor when him and his son obtained it.

I later found the Super M Farmall is my favorite and have two stored.

mike

That's my favorite too. My brother sold a 350 Farmall that was in great shape for $800 about 8 or 10 years ago. I would have bought it myself if i'd known he was going to sell it. He said he didn't think i'd be interested because I don't have room enough to turn it around. I don't- but I still would have bought it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.