cf question

yarnall

I didn't realize I had typed CF619. It is CF719F1012. I wonder if it came with they automatic. They had it about 14 years. I would like a CF at some point and one with a V8 would be awesome, but having just bought the A30. The CF has the usual rust.

Mike

I have not seen the truck except for passing it on the Pa turnpike. One of the firemen told.me the serial number. I found the add in the Pennsylvania Fireman. It's on page 156. It says V-8 twin turbo diesel 350 hp. It does not say it is a Mack engine. I'd like it,but i should not do it. Thanks for the input.

Mike

Hi Mike

We had F-719T1093 it's unit # was#189 built in 1967 and had an ENDT864 which had twin turbos on it. I always believed the horsepower to be 320.

Was very prone to blowing head gaskets as the 864 had old sandwich style head gaskets(no fire rings)

The Ed is coming along, making some improvements, will hopefully debut at Macungie.

Say hello to your dad for me and am looking forward to seeing you both at Macungie.