stiff shifting triplex?

As you all know over the winter i changed the duplex transmission with a triplex in my B613T. took it for a ride and its one of the smoothest shifting transmissions ive ever drove in a Mack and also has absolutely NO bearing noise which i thought was a factory option in a B model. only problem is the auxillary shifting lever is very stiff, like you almost have to force it out of gear then it will float right into the next. as you drive it and it gets warmer it gets better . was gonna warm it up and drain the fluid as it has the old gear oil in it that it came with.before i put it in i took both the front and back covers off and the taddle tale plug out of the rockbox/tooth catcher on the side and found a tooth and believe it or not a valve keeper from an old engine rebuilt i guess someone lost it when the shifting lever was off? looked at all gears and none of the teeth were missing anywhere so i imagine the tooth is from a damaged and replaced gear years ago and they never got the tooth out. just wonderin, any thoughts on why it seems so hard to shift and get out of gear on the auxillary? thanks, Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

guess its pretty normal then? was just wonderin. after it warms up its sweet. driven a few quadboxes that were loose from the get go shfifting but were also loose all the way around! sounded like someone dropped a can of bolts in a few haha. had the back cover off and was just wonderin if i could have screwed something up and not gotten the fork back in right but it shifts like butter after you drive it a little bit. Matt

yup, greased everything. took the linkage and side auxillary plate with the rails right off the side of the tranny and cleaned all the gunk out of the rails in the parts washer,greased both rails up then put rails back in the tower and bolted it back to the tranny and greased everything. just seems really stiff when cold but seems to losen up when its hot. was just wonderin if i screwed something up when i put the back cover back on but the fork went right in the slide and cover went right back on so i dont think i did. Matt

What kind of oil do you have in the trans? I run 75W-90 meeting the GL-4 standard and have no problems.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

dont really know, has whatever was in it when i got it. was gonna run it and get it hot and drain it and change it for the big 2 hr drive to springfield.oil looked pretty clean when i took the covers off so i figured id drive it and get it hot and change it anyways tho. Matt