Hey I'm new here, I drive my beloved little Rd 688 with a e6 350 everywhere and pull some monster loads for a truck that size ie 41.5 ton excavators and D 8r dozers. The big Kw and pete drivers (cat) snicker at this but I always get there. My Question is can a E9 V8 be put in a R model tractor? Yall probably know where this is headed, but just once at least would love to gaze across the cab as I went by one of them up these mountians. But seriously am looking to build a truck and have a deep sense of pride in the R model.

Hey I'm new here, I drive my beloved little Rd 688 with a e6 350 everywhere and pull some monster loads for a truck that size ie 41.5 ton excavators and D 8r dozers. The big Kw and pete drivers (cat) snicker at this but I always get there. My Question is can a E9 V8 be put in a R model tractor? Yall probably know where this is headed, but just once at least would love to gaze across the cab as I went by one of them up these mountians. But seriously am looking to build a truck and have a deep sense of pride in the R model.

I would keep the old girl just the way she was built!........... But if I were you, I would go on line to truckpaper.com and see if you could pick up one of those R700 that they have for sale and transplant a nice E9-500 V8 Mack motor under the hood!!! WOW WA WEE AH !!

BULLHUSK

Welcome to the Jungle smokin Joe. Sylva. My grandparents had a house there on Mayflower. they have since passed and my mom now rents the house out. I haven't stayed there in a long time. But have passed by there 3 times back in 2011.

im sure a E9 can be shoe horned into a R model. Heck they were able to get the Early V8s into the U model and c model macks. But do you want to go thru the trouble when you can get one in a R700 or better yet a RS700L or Superliner with less headaches. I always thought the R600s were tight even with the 6 cyl. not just the motor but all the other stuff under the hood was placed in some spots that was a nightmare to get to. The superliner and RS700s cabs sat up higher and gave even more space to work on. IMO The R600s were better suited for tight spots and standard power. If this is a working truck and you do all the work on it I think you would like having more space under the hood...just my.02

:WELCOME: Any engine can be put in any truck, it's just a matter of how much work it will take. A Mack V8 in a older R model would be cool. I would reccomend putting an older body on a frame that already has a V8, I think it would work best. Personaly, I would put a Detroit 8V92TA in a R700 and blow the Pete's, KW's, and other Macks away by far, but that's just me.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

:WELCOME: Any engine can be put in any truck, it's just a matter of how much work it will take. A Mack V8 in a older R model would be cool. I would reccomend putting an older body on a frame that already has a V8, I think it would work best. Personaly, I would put a Detroit 8V92TA in a R700 and blow the Pete's, KW's, and other Macks away by far, but that's just me.

Ben

You shure that them other Macks wouldnt blow by that DE--TROIT ben? LOL just kiddin we all have our opinions.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg