Anyone remember the old CF L7000 day cab tractors?

jaysm35a2

It's been 9 1/2 years since the shutdown, prolly many of them rusting away somewhere.

TruckPaper has some 8000's in various condition.

http://www.truckpaper.com/list/list.aspx?bcatid=27&DidSearch=1&EID=1&LP=TRK&ETID=1&ParentCategoryID=207&catid=211&Manu=FORD&Mdltxt=l8000&mdlx=Contains&LiftGate=All&Cond=Both&SO=2&btnSearch=Search

Jim

It's been 9 1/2 years since the shutdown, prolly many of them rusting away somewhere.

TruckPaper has some 8000's in various condition.

http://www.truckpaper.com/list/list.aspx?bcatid=27&DidSearch=1&EID=1&LP=TRK&ETID=1&ParentCategoryID=207&catid=211&Manu=FORD&Mdltxt=l8000&mdlx=Contains&LiftGate=All&Cond=Both&SO=2&btnSearch=Search

Used to see a few around here in farm service and they have all but dried up also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yes, I am selling that cabover Ford.

That is one of the tightest cabbed little trucks I have seen in a long time. A friend of mine that owns a underground boring company sold it to me. He said if the world blew up, and he had to choose a truck to get in that would for sure get him home, that is the one he would pick, but he sold it because he had to put a plate of deep fried pork chops in it to entice his guys to drive it - not as cool to be seen in as their new trucks!

Check it out (and bid on it you tight bastards):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&item=230754693083&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

I had another one just like this one with a cattle feed box mounted on it. I finally sold it - if I drove it down the road, those silly cows got to where they would jump a fence to try and get to it.

• Like 1

That is one of the tightest cabbed little trucks I have seen in a long time. A friend of mine that owns a underground boring company sold it to me. He said if the world blew up, and he had to choose a truck to get in that would for sure get him home, that is the one he would pick, but he sold it because he had to put a plate of deep fried pork chops in it to entice his guys to drive it - not as cool to be seen in as their new trucks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...K%3AMESELX%3AIT

I had another one just like this one with a cattle feed box mounted on it. I finally sold it - if I drove it down the road, those silly cows got to where they would jump a fence to try and get to it.

Congrats on your sale, hope you got the $ you wanted out of it.

BTW, my spending habits are the only thing I have left that's still tight. :(

Jim

Olivetroad you did good with your C-Model Ford. Joe D.

I thought so as well - I was tickled pink with the price it brought. I may even deliver it to make a little more as well. Those old things were pretty solid built back in their day. I always can remember the clang the doors make on them when you slam them shut.

olive, didnt you buy that goofy lookin b model?

WHAT! You call my B model GOOFY?

I am hurt, so very very hurt. I may never post on here again - naw, you won't get off that easy.

Just wait until I get some of those reclining nekked ladies on the back, some of dem dar fuzzy dice hangin down, a big ol' chromed up bumper so deep it almost drags the ground, a set of those cat whisker antenna sticking forward at a 45 deg. angle, some loud assed exhaust tubes made out of chromed 18 inch culvert pipes, a sun visor so low you can't see, paint it purple and put me a set of those rounded full fenders on the back about 1/2 inch off the mun mun wheels, install a SUPERDUPERSPECIALCOBRA 6765899 radio and have it all tweaked and peaked to blow everyone else off the airwaves, then the best part is, I will add about 4 no make it 5 extra drive axles - you see Vinny the more axles you have the cooler you are - you went the wrong direction with your U model. I WILL BE STYLIN'!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...K%3AMESELX%3AIT

Olive, Those little Fords are fun to drive and plenty of room behind you for your lunch pail or grain bags.

Talking about freight carriers. This is my city tractor I drove for Carolina Freight.

I had a 8100 IHC I used for years pulling a 40 ft hotshot type trailer - I installed a nice new air ride seat, slid it back for my long legs, and broke out the back glass.

I hate to admit it, but it happened again a year or so later when I forgot!

olive if you were closer we would of bought the cabover to upgrade one of our old tankers the cab is rusted and it has a 401 gas motor which you cant hardly find parts for any more

That is an odd one - 401? Most of them around here that still run have a 8.2 Detroit non-turbo. We installed a turbo on one years ago and it took off to where you could not keep that little thing down on the pavement

its a 1964 c900 tandem with a 2100 gal milk tank (stainless steel) and verry heavy i would of figured it would of at least had the 477 or 534 but when we rebuilt it it was the 401. its out of service right now the clutch is out and no one around here can get one for it. plus the cab has rust holes around the windshield and the fender wells.

• 4 weeks later...