Big ol' dragline bucket

Olivetroad

I went to a farm auction today with daughter #1 and son #2 to try and buy a tractor - came home with a nice hay trailer, but no tractor

But on the way home we saw this on the side of the road and we stopped to take some pics:

post-6658-0-79496300-1331265579_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-28161100-1331265626_thumb.jp

Look at the size of the chain - that is a size 12 muck boot on top of ONE chain link

post-6658-0-12503900-1331265792_thumb.jp

We were having a good time until I tried to crawl through the clevis and got my head stuck:

post-6658-0-18511800-1331265713_thumb.jp

I had a friend that used to work on the dragline that used that bucket tell me last night that the bucket we stood in has a 90 yard capacity and was the known as the small one - they also used a larger one! He said they dismantled the drag line and now it is in Wyoming.

Good idea about the garage or make a good feed bunk with penty of iron for strong cow bones.

I think you must-of used your secret detective skillz - I was a-wonderin what made those wear marks on the sides - I bet that took a lot of cow licking to wear it like that

There you go again - causing half of the BMT clowns to blow coffee through their snozzes

We need to have a modulator ban such posts until the middle of the day, when we can all drink a mild saline solution to not burn our nostrils when dealing with otherdog's antics!

I was on the cat 992 one day in mines and was called on radio to come to shop to do a lil job. It turned out the lil job was take loader and turn a 120 yard dragline bucket upside down so they could do some weldiing on it. I did manage to get tooth tips under it without breaking any off, but you shoulda seen the dirt fly and heard the noise when I finally got that rascal up on its side, got it overbalanced and watched it flip. man, what a trip! Thas fore I knew Other Dog, so i dint have camera,,,,randyp

There you go again - causing half of the BMT clowns to blow coffee through their snozzes

We need to have a modulator ban such posts until the middle of the day, when we can all drink a mild saline solution to not burn our nostrils when dealing with otherdog's antics!

that's a rerun of an old picture posted a long time ago, so it doesn't count. I seldom delete pictures i've altered just in case they need re-running.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

that's a rerun of an old picture posted a long time ago, so it doesn't count. I seldom delete pictures i've altered just in case they need re-running.

I thought that was really fast work - all that ciphering and cutin and pastin - whew!

Great picture takin' job. I was looking for a picture of the "Big Musky" bucket I had, but I must have deleted it. It's in Ohio and the bucket is all that's left of what was once the world's largest dragline.

I did find this one though...

is that a redneck hottub? a better redneck hottub would be take a dump body of a dump truck and put a fire under it. :loldude::notworthy:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Wow, nice job of thinking ahead. That doesn't seem like a pic that you would want to use once let alone twice!

I'm guessing Spot isn't a lap dog.....or is he?

Jim

Wow, nice job of thinking ahead. That doesn't seem like a pic that you would want to use once let alone twice!

I'm guessing Spot isn't a lap dog.....or is he?

no, Spot is bad-ass! This is not really Spot though, it's an actor dog hired to be Spot's stunt double.

This is the real Spot-

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.