SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE THESE B MODELS

http://watertown.craigslist.org/atq/2802390582.html

here are some B models for sale in carthage ny about 2 minutes away from my grandma and grandpas house. i stopped and looked at them with my papa (grandpa but i call him papa and i also call my grandma nana) and i didnt think the cabs looked that bad. i think all the major parts are on them. there is 1 B66, 1 B61, and 1 B42. the b66 which had a gas originally had a diesel put in it and they left the gas transmission and drive shaft in it. i do not know if they run or not because they are not mine. they have been sitting in a field for prolly 15 or so years. the major problem is they are prolly goona get scraped if know one buys them. i have also heard rumors the were supposed to be exported. the real problem is they are asking $10,000 for all three. i posted the craigslist link and i posted some closer pictures of them but the pictures are not the best.>>> Vinny i also know the B66 was originally owned new by GULF oil. also all these trucks have parts layin on the frame or inside the cab.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

They look like they at least have lots of good parts left - the green and the blue one may not really need all that much.

Vinny - I called my grandpa Papa as well, but grandma was Granny! It's funny how we all called our grandparents different things.

for that price let them cut them up or export them. i dont know about you guys but cant stand when someone goes'' if someone does not buy it im gonna scrap it.'' boy that makes me wanna buy it even more. if it means that much to you to junk it for shit rates then junk it. just makes my b models worth more. i figure for all there they are worth about 4-5 grand and no more. a B66 or B67 no matter who owned it is not appealing to me because my beer gut wont fit behind the sterring wheel anyways haha. had a friend of mine send me picture of these truck early this spring as im about an hour away from them and then saw them posted on CL. i think whoever owns them is dreaming, 10,000 is way off the beaten path for the three of them as all of them need a full restoration and the B42 is probably only good for sheetmetal as the 401 is about good for a boat anchor and around town driving. sorry for my rant but just hate when people try to move along their sale by sayin if someone doesn not buy it im gonna scrap it or export it. Matt

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

for that price let them cut them up or export them. i dont know about you guys but cant stand when someone goes'' if someone does not buy it im gonna scrap it.'' boy that makes me wanna buy it even more. if it means that much to you to junk it for shit rates then junk it. just makes my b models worth more. i figure for all there they are worth about 4-5 grand and no more. a B66 or B67 no matter who owned it is not appealing to me because my beer gut wont fit behind the sterring wheel anyways haha. had a friend of mine send me picture of these truck early this spring as im about an hour away from them and then saw them posted on CL. i think whoever owns them is dreaming, 10,000 is way off the beaten path for the three of them as all of them need a full restoration and the B42 is probably only good for sheetmetal as the 401 is about good for a boat anchor and around town driving. sorry for my rant but just hate when people try to move along their sale by sayin if someone doesn not buy it im gonna scrap it or export it. Matt

I hear that all the time when I try and buy stuff out in the country - "I think I will just scrap it, I bet it will bring more than you are offering" WRONG! I then offer to load them up and haul them to the weigh scale and then pay them in cash the same amount they are paying at the scrap yard. They never take me up on it.

Everyone thinks that items weigh more than they do and also that trees are taller than they really are!

What is wrong with you so called truck collectors.............

Nothing. But that is about what it would take to get that truck away from me cause; "I like it"!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

nothing at all. im a firm believer in saving them. my fiancee' almost hates takin rides cause she knows i will sniff and old truck out of the woodwork on some back road but i refuse to pay too much for an old b model and totally get pissed off when i get the ''if you dont wanna pay this ill scrap'' it line haha. i heard about these trucks last spring but after hearing the price was not interested. it would take all the sheetmetal off that B42 to get that b61 looking pretty again and the B66 although rare is not my cup of tea with the smaller cab plus would need the tranny and rears changed to even make road speed. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg