Autocar

Timothy Maikshilo

Deffinately not the truck to be wheeled by pussies! only thing i'd change would be to put DC series rounded fenders on it!.............power steering? we dont need no stinkin' power power steering! LOL!.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Has anyone heard those metal fenders called "pit fenders"?

I don't know if it was a regional thing or what,but up in South Jersey we called the squared off ones pit fenders.................................Mark

Ive seen some pete's with these fenders too.

Think everybody offered them at some time; before everything was plastic.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Deffinately not the truck to be wheeled by pussies! only thing i'd change would be to put DC series rounded fenders on it!.............power steering? we dont need no stinkin' power power steering! LOL!.......................................Mark

LMAO on the Power Steering Mark !! You sound like some of my Dad's buddies. lol. We had a few DK & DC Model A cars w/ Hummin Cummin Motors in em . both small cam & Big Cam NTC Cummins.

I Liked both but ive always favored the DK Fenders for some reason . Guess i like the ole rough look ,

Deffinately Wouldnt want to run OTR W/ this ole beast but take the shack off the back & run in & out of sand,gravel & dirt pits & haul equipment w/ a lowboy all day now your talking my langauge. ;)

But oh the Backaches @ the end of the day . esp if it has Walking beams, or the ole Rubber Block Walking beam Suspension. loaded not too bad BUT RUNNING EMPTY!!! Oh my Lord !! make ya want some Doans pills or BC OR Goody's headache powders maybe somthing a little stronger than that . :rolleyes::o

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 1 month later...

I saw a good looking yellow Autocar on rt. 119 in Pa. Sunday. It snuck up on me so I didn't get a picture. If I pass by there again in the daytime i'll be prepared. Tried to find the place on google earth- I didn't see it, but I think it might have been at a place called Rose Equipment in Connellsville.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Prolly showing my age,and i DO appreacieate modern power steering,but i always thought (still do now) that you get a better "feel" of the road with manual steering,and i also think EVERYONE who wants to drive a truck should learn to back-up with manual steering,would sure eliminate a lot of the "30 day driving school wonders" i share the road with now!...............Mark

Prolly showing my age,and i DO appreacieate modern power steering,but i always thought (still do now) that you get a better "feel" of the road with manual steering,and i also think EVERYONE who wants to drive a truck should learn to back-up with manual steering,would sure eliminate a lot of the "30 day driving school wonders" i share the road with now!...............Mark

I agree Mark, Drove a U model to NYC for two years and liked how manual steering acted on the big road and in city driving. The R model I got after the U was to touchy for me.

Do you think they would learn what "thumbs up" really means?

• Like 1

Do you think they would learn what "thumbs up" really means?

Just about the first time they let the wheel return to center after completing a turn. Some of these fresh trucking school graduates might take a couple times however......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

LMAO! quite right guys! anyone who has ever had their arm/elbow jammed between the steering wheel and vent window or a B-or R-model while following the steering wheel back around will surely appreacieate what "thumbs up" is all about!........................................Mark

• 4 weeks later...

:twothumbsup: True that!!!

Just about the first time they let the wheel return to center after completing a turn. Some of these fresh trucking school graduates might take a couple times however......

Rob

...With a couple weeks recovery time in between.

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>